HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Heart Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/)
-   -   Angiogram fears (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/867152-angiogram-fears.html)

Cardico 09-02-2011 10:29 AM

Angiogram fears

Because I've been having shortness of breath and little energy for some time now I will be having an Angiogram shortly to detect if it is the heart that is causing it.
I would be grateful to anyone who's had this procedure for some encouraging feedback to allay the fears I am feeling as I wait to have mine.

Thanks.

Cardico.

cvcman 09-04-2011 05:43 PM

Re: Angiogram fears

I had mine last October and I will tell you it was probably the easiest thing I have ever done and im the biggest chicken there is !!! I would rather have the angio then an IV....I didnt feel a thing and remember this...you are in VERY good hands.
I had mine thru the wrist because im not overweight and have normal size wrists so that was the best. I had an LAD stent at the same time and was back home a few hours later and biking a day or so after...It really is a pc of cake, no lie

Cardico 09-05-2011 01:06 AM

[QUOTE=cvcman;4836336]I had mine last October and I will tell you it was probably the easiest thing I have ever done and im the biggest chicken there is !!! I would rather have the angio then an IV....I didnt feel a thing and remember this...you are in VERY good hands.
I had mine thru the wrist because im not overweight and have normal size wrists so that was the best. I had an LAD stent at the same time and was back home a few hours later and biking a day or so after...It really is a pc of cake, no lie[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for that CVCMAN. I've been so concerned and haven't spoken to anyone about my fear, putting on a brave face for my family and pretending I'm fine about it. Your post has eased my mind somewhat. I suppose the waiting for the hospital appointment hasn't helped. I would have preferred it if the Consultant had said he would do it there and then before I had time to think.
Thanks again. I'll post when I get the date for the procedure and let you know how I fared after it's done.
Bless you.
Cardico.

cvcman 09-05-2011 06:50 AM

answer me this;

1) age
1a) height
2) weight
3) male or female ( i assume female )
4) family history of heart problems ?
5) recent heart work ups ie; stress test ? echocardiogram? EKG ? Blood work ?
6) taking any meds ? If so what ?

Cardico 09-05-2011 02:36 PM

Hi again CVC.

I'm wondering why you've asked those questions? Are you in the medical profession?

regards

Cardico

Vyking 09-05-2011 03:34 PM

I had an Angiogram in Oct 2009 and suffered a cardiac arrest during the proceedure. :(
I was resuscitated with the help of a defibrilator.
If you have severe blockage of the Left Coronary Artery you [b]may[/b] have a cardiac arrest - however, the risk is small.

cvcman 09-05-2011 03:47 PM

I asked those questions so I can give you better direction as to the questions you should ask your Dr.
Any reason you dont want to answer ?

flowergirl2day 09-05-2011 09:29 PM

Hi,

I have just had one done and agree with cvc man. There is nothing to fear. If you are on aspirin or other blood thinner ask if it should be stopped well in advance of the test. Some places ask you to stop, others do not. In my experience, if the aspirin is not stopped it may cause some issues and extra care has to be taken. Angiograms are good diagnostic tests and, if a treatment (intervention) is required, it is often done at the same time.
Good luck! :)

flowergirl

Cardico 09-06-2011 01:56 AM

Just curious. Got to find that post now to reply.

Cardico

Cardico 09-06-2011 01:58 AM

Thanks Flowergirl. x

Cardico 09-06-2011 02:14 AM

[QUOTE=cvcman;4836571]answer me this;

1) age
1a) height
2) weight
3) male or female ( i assume female )
4) family history of heart problems ?
5) recent heart work ups ie; stress test ? echocardiogram? EKG ? Blood work ?
6) taking any meds ? If so what ?[/QUOTE]

I'm 77. 5ft 2ins. No family heart problems. Had ECG. Only meds are Furosimide to reduce fluids around the heart. And yes, I'm female. (What man would pick a pink teddy bear for a logo? lol)

Cardico

flowergirl2day 09-06-2011 07:39 AM

No problem, cardico. I have them done regularly and they are indeed a piece of cake. Of course, we expect an update once you have had yours!!! :)

Best of luck! I KNOW you will be just fine. You see, that is all they do in cath labs-they are very experienced and so incredibly well synchronized it always amazes me.

flowergirl

cvcman 09-06-2011 09:56 AM

77 yrs old huh, well I wouldn't have guess that from your "internet slang" but ok..
1) current weight ??

Cardico 09-06-2011 02:57 PM

[QUOTE=cvcman;4837323]77 yrs old huh, well I wouldn't have guess that from your "internet slang" but ok..
1) current weight ??[/QUOTE]

Ooops! :dizzy: I didn't notice that. 11st 4lbs at the last count. As for my age, I look 10 years younger, and feel 20 years younger (on a good day). ;) Most retired Entertainers do stay in good nick as they grow older. :cool:

Now give me the diagnosis from my answers.

Cardico

cvcman 09-06-2011 04:27 PM

humm not sure how to read that weight ????:dizzy: