It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

Bunny7218 HB User
Unhappy aortic valve calcification

I am 74 yr old female with one stent in my heart. My last angiogram showed the stent working good but I have another artery 50% blocked. Also I have had both carotid artery surgeries.

I just had a echocardiogram & the results were not good. I have a extreme narrowing of the aortic valve.

Doctor says I am not a candidate for open heart surgery - so what next??

Is there a way to reduce the calcification on my heart valve????

I NEED HELP.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
(female)

marrie12 HB Usermarrie12 HB User
Re: aortic valve calcification

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear that. Have they told you why you can't have a valve replacement? Mydad is 84 years old and he has calcification of his aortic valve and they tell us that there is nothing they can do for that but the valve replacement surgery. Maybe there's another type of procedure or maybe you qualify for robatic surgery or a less evasive surgery. You need to ask your cardiologist about other procedures or options. Please let me know what they say. I sort of understand since our dad has a similar problem and we are all dealing with the stress but it does not compare to what you are going through. Wish there was more help I could give.
Take care,
Marrie12

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2011, 08:50 PM   #3
(female)

Bunny7218 HB User
Re: aortic valve calcification

Thank you for your posting.

I didnt mention that I am extremely over weight - 265. That is the reason the cardiologist gave for the extreme high risk.

I have a appointment with the Cardiothorastic Surgeon ( he also did both of my carotid arteries in 2009). I am having my daughter go with me.
I was so stund when he said the results were not good & not a candidate for surgery. I could not even pose a question. I called back a couple days later & got a bit more info. I want Cathy there so we both get the info - and be sure what it is he says.

I have been doing research on the internet & it is depressing & stressful. I am so disgusted with myself - allowing myself to get in the spot.

Thank you for your concern & pray your father does well.

Love, Hugs & Prayers,
LaVonne

Closed Thread