It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
(female)

pb252 HB User
Very low Heart rate.

First a little history: I was recently diagnosed with SVT and have Hypothyroidism. My cardiologist has me on Diltiazem 60mg 2x a day for the SVT ( my resting heart rate before was 114 and is now in the 80s/90s) and since then I have rarely had any 'episodes' Which is starting to make me like it despite the reactions I've been having. I've also recently been having problems with what my doctor thinks is my Gallbladder. (waiting for my insurance to approve tests to confirm diagnosis) Anyway last night I was rushed to the ER in Ambulance because I was in so much pain and everyone thought my gallbladder had ruptured. This caused me to miss my dose of Diltiazem. While I was in the ER my pulse was dropping down to the 20s but no one seemed concerned they said it was a fluke. After my problems were taken care of I came home and decided that since I only had 6 more hours to my next dose I would wait and take it at the normal time. Well I was monitoring my BP and HR and my BP was sky high for almost an hour and my HR had dropped to 19BPM. This scared me so bad because besides the fluke earlier in the night I have never had a low HR. It's get in the 60s and I start to feel bad. but other than feeling very tired nothing else was wrong. Well this made me freak out and when I rechecked it it rose to 49BPM which made me relax more but is still very low for me. Then 3 hours later my HR jumped to over 199BPM. I have no idea if this was because I missed my dose or what. but I took my dose shortly after the low HR's

Anyway sorry this was so long I am just so freaked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread