It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
(male)

Bushrose HB User
Zero Calcium score, minor soft Plaque

Hi Folks,

First time poster here. Have very limited knowledge in this area. There is so much expertise and knowledge here that i can surely benefit.

All opinions/suggestions are welcome.

Had a 128 Slice CT angio done. Images were extremely good. Had a zero calcium score. It was zero 5 years ago as well. But this time, very minor soft plaque was discovered but no blockages or "stenosis" anywhere. All neck artereries were also clean in the echo I had done as well. My total lipids/HDL ratio is 2.93. My consultant wants to bring the ratio near to 2 or lower so has increased my lipitor to 40mg. he believes he can regress the soft plaque.

Have very well controlled hypertension.

Opinions on what this tells me of CVD/CHD profile over the next few years will be really appreciated.

Am kind of stressed with the soft plaque, talhough was told it was minor in the extreme.

God Bless

Bushrose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread