It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #1
(female)

Legsy03 HB User
Heart palpitations

For the past week, Ive been having heart palpitations. It feels like my heart is missing a beat and it feels like my heart is about to jump out of my chest. It seems to happen more at night when I'm laying down but its been happening during the day aswell. Ive had palpitations before that only last a few minutes but never for this long.

I drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day, sometimes I don't drink any at all. But I've been doing that for a long time and never had palpitations last for a week.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:40 AM   #2
(male)

BensonB HB User
Re: Heart palpitations

I hear you. I've been having similar problems as of late.

First thing I'd say is that two of the biggest contributors to heart palpitations/PVCs (besides caffeine/sugar) would be fatigue and stress. If either of those have been factors this past week, that could be your culprit. You also mentioned you get them often while lying down; did you notice any pattern in that? Personally, I find I get them more often when lying on my left side, and shift accordingly when they start happening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

Age might have something to do with it also. It is normal, when we get older, to start getting heart palpipations. Best thing to reassure yourself, get with a cardio. They can look into things a regular doctor can't do. Good luck in finding the answer. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:11 AM   #4
(female)

Legsy03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosier View Post
Age might have something to do with it also. It is normal, when we get older, to start getting heart palpipations. Best thing to reassure yourself, get with a cardio. They can look into things a regular doctor can't do. Good luck in finding the answer. Hugs for today.
I'm 35 and I don't consider that old. I haven't had palpitations like this before. Would it have something to do with having low blood pressure?? My blood pressure was 98 over 70 last week.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

As wwe get into our thirties and beyond, our bodies change, and with it the vital organs change also, chemicals and such. You are never too young to have heart palpatations. It is a sign, even mild, of a problem with possible the heart. That is why, if you are worried about the palpatations, it is a good idea to go to a cardiologist and have things checked out on the safe side. Womens hearts are different then mens, we go through more stress and crazieness than men do. Low blood pressure is something to look into also. Also is high blood pressure. Anything that seems not normal, get checked for the peace of mind and good health. Good luck and keep us posted. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:23 AM   #6
(female)

Danthespan HB User

Hi
Mine are 24hrs aday 7 days a week for 2 weeks now,its like a shudder sometimes two in one
Weird
Scars me
x

Old 10-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #7
(female)

Legsy03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosier View Post
As wwe get into our thirties and beyond, our bodies change, and with it the vital organs change also, chemicals and such. You are never too young to have heart palpatations. It is a sign, even mild, of a problem with possible the heart. That is why, if you are worried about the palpatations, it is a good idea to go to a cardiologist and have things checked out on the safe side. Womens hearts are different then mens, we go through more stress and crazieness than men do. Low blood pressure is something to look into also. Also is high blood pressure. Anything that seems not normal, get checked for the peace of mind and good health. Good luck and keep us posted. Hugs for today.
I've made an appointment to see my GP tomorrow afternoon. A friend of mine, who is a nurse, said the doctor will probably order some tests: blood tests and maybe an ECG. I'm trying not to think about it too much but its still freaking me out a bit.

My palpitations have been worse over the last 2 weeks. They happen almost every night now, when I'm laying down in bed. Some nights it takes me a long time to get to sleep because it feels like my heart might jump out of my chest. It lasts for 30 minutes or more. They also happen at various times during the day and I've been feeling a bit dizzy aswell. I've got palpitations now, as I'm sitting up in bed writing this post. It seems like my heart skips a beat after about 4 or 5 normal beats. Sometimes it happens after every 2nd beat. I'm not stressed right now, I'm quite relaxed as I just got home from work.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:08 AM   #8
(male)

MagicalNYDude HB User

Yeah me too, i sometimes get this quick gulp feeling right in the middle of my chest and it makes me jump for a quick second. Not sure if its my heart skipping a beat or 1 big beat? I only get it about 5 times a week.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legsy03 View Post
I was tested for diabetes about 2 years ago. I had a couple of seizures after spending too long in the spa so my doctor tested me for all sorts of things - liver function, kidney function, thyroid function, anaemia, blood sugar levels and a few other things.
What do you know about why these seizures happened? Did you get more seizures?

Quote:
... last year I had an ear infection and vertigo, which was horrible.
How long did you suffer from the ear infection?

Quote:
For the past week, Ive been having heart palpitations. It feels like my heart is missing a beat and it feels like my heart is about to jump out of my chest. It seems to happen more at night when I'm laying down but its been happening during the day aswell.
One possibility is that you have become environmentally sensitive, perhaps caused by either the ear infection, a bad cold, or a previous infection? If that is the case, then you could be getting sick from your environment and your diet.

Quote:
It seems to happen more at night when I'm laying down but its been happening during the day aswell.
An environmentally sensitive person, or someone with very reactive allergies, gets worse at night due to changes in their metabolism (ref: Circadian Rhythm) and due to the bed and the bedding being the worst place for an environmentally sensitive person.

Quote:
I'm quite relaxed as I just got home from work.
Do you work around chemicals, odors, dust, animals?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-20-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #10
(female)

time and again HB User

Hi, im in my late 70s and have these palpitations for years. Ive had tests and ECGs and the doctors say that it is ectopic beats. Theyre horrible but he said that theyre not dangerous. I should go and have some tests to put your mind at ease as worrying about them can make them worse. I also get them at night and find I cant lay on my left side. He gave me Flecanaide to take, but with the side effects im too scared to take them. Look after yourself.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #11
(female)

Legsy03 HB User

I went to the doctor yesterday and I had an ECG. It came back inconclusive - they think their machine might be the problem but they said one part of the ECG looked normal, the rest of it didn't. I'm not sure what to think about that. The doctor said I might need another ECG. However, he didn't seem too worried. I also had a blood test this morning now I just need to wait for the results.

Closed Thread