It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
(male)

Paul64 HB User
Worried Sick

I have been suffering from chest pain for the last 3-4 weeks. I have seen my GP and had 2 ECG’s, the GP explained the last ECG showed signs of strain (something about P waves?). I have had a trip to A&E as the pains got worse, had 2 more ECGs and a 12 hour blood test all were normal/negative. The only report was an old sign on the ECG, (Q-waves?) but other than that was perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.
The pain starts in my left upper chest when I walk after having no pain over night. This pain occasionally stays for several hours and can sometimes be in the centre of my chest or in the right radiating into my back. The pain can be very uncomfrotable ranging from a mild discomfort to a searing pain, I am now imagining pains in my arm - is anxiety to blame as I am extremely worried something will happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
(male)

markfromHI HB User
Re: Worried Sick

Hey Paul, certaintly anxiety can raise everything up 10 folds. I know what you're going through. I also have pains in my chest as well as shocks and coldness on the left side to my chest and middle. Everytime I get out of bed or wash the dishes, I get this feeling like someone grabbing onto my chest and I just have to take a minute to hold myself up. Do you get this, where your heart pumps on a different pace? I'm still trying to think if its my chest muscle that palpalating or its my actual heart.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
(male)

Paul64 HB User
Re: Worried Sick

Hi Mark,
Sometimes I feel as though my heart is beating faster for no reason, like when I am watching TV and I have been to the GP with this before. This is nothing to worry about only palpitations apparantly. I also get a fluttering in my stomach. I think these are all anxiety related.
Its the pains in the chest that worry me, they were not there oneday and there the next. I regularly walk my dog every morning before work, now as soon as I walk this pain appears in my right breast. If it were heart disease you would think it would be gradual.

Closed Thread