It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
(female)

lowbpmom HB User
Left Ventricular Hypertrophy but low blood pressure

Greetings! This is my first post - sorry if I do something wrong

Just got past my total hysterectomy; but, during the surgery it was discovered I have LVH (fairly mild, I think, if there is such a thing). I have a few weeks til I go through the whole advanced doctor workup, but I'm trying to do my own research.

I just don't see compatibility with LVH and low blood pressure. I've had low bp my whole life. (One dr. told me to salt my food to raise it. EMT's love to practice on me because it's a challenge.) So what gives?!

I was an into every sport when I was younger. But, since kids and migraines, I've been more sedentary than I'd like. But I don't think the super athlete thing applies. I'm a bit overweight, but not horribly. Stress - who isn't?! Paternal history of high bp, but nothing else.

Any info or links you can point me to would be super appreciated. As the quote goes, "Knowledge is power," and I'm trying to be empowered.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to lowbpmom For This Useful Post:
pooterz (10-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Left Ventricular Hypertrophy but low blood pressure

What type of blood pressure readings do you get?

How does your blood pressure run during the day? Is it higher in the afternoon than the morning, and is it higher in the evening than in the afternoon?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
(female)

lowbpmom HB User

Haven't checked at different times ... always seems to be the same time of day. Will do variety of checks over the next week and let ya know. Thanks for the wise thought.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:00 AM   #4
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

There is a thing of mild LVH , just as there is a mild condition of heart murmur. It can get worse in progression in time. At least your condition had been discovered before getting back. Never good when diagnosed later. You just do what the cardio says to keep healthy. It is not a life sentence of instant death. The heart and lung medicine has come a long way in research in helping people live longer, treatment and surgery. You will be fine, just take care of the heart and it will be fine. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

The following user gives a hug of support to rosier:
lowbpmom (10-05-2011)
Old 10-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
(female)

lowbpmom HB User

Rosier ... you just made my day! Thank you! Hopefully that's me.

I guess it's time to be a "compliant patient" ... I'm usually kinda stubborn and always overdo it. I hate to slow down and stop the hectic schedule. Seems like I'd better learn to stay physically active but at the right pace with the right meds.

I will post after the doc puts me on a course of action, but I'm most grateful for your encouragement and wisdom today! Thanks.

Closed Thread