It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
(female)

picses22681 HB User
Unhappy abnormal ekg

im a 30 year old female who has never had any heart problems in the past i just quit smoking a few months ago right after that i started feeling a lot of physicaL anxiety like it feels like my heart is beating really fast when its not and i feel more out of breath now then when i was smoking a couple weeks ago it all came to a point when i started getting a fluttering in my chest, kinda feels like when you are about to drop from the top of a roller coaster i have NOT had any chest pain or anything but either way something didnt feel right so i went to the er all my tests came back normal except my EKG they said it was slightly abnormal they kept me over night and did another ekg in the morning which again was abnormal they ran a bunch of blood tests they all came back normal except my thyroid came back as being low (something about my tsh was high but my t4 was with in normal range so they called that being low i dont get it but whatever) they did an echo and a stress test all normal but my resting ekg keeps coming back abnormal does any one out there have any idea what the hell might be going on my dr just keeps telling me what is NOT happening but no insite as to what may be going on and frankly im a nervous reck i go in two weeks for a stress echo ... which again i dont get cuz if everything keeps coming up normal other then an abnormality in my ekg why keep sending me for more tests please help the anxiety this is causing me is driving me nuts thank you for your time

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: abnormal ekg

Go do the stress echo, they may be able to pinpoint the problem. It is not unusual to find problems at 30. Some have heart problems at birth, as they are growing up, or after turning 30, or so. Just try to find ways to keep calm. It is not easy, as you are in the waiting game to do a test. Just keep talking in here, we are here to help ease your mind. Just take it one day at a time, the day will come soon enough. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

picses22681 HB User
Re: abnormal ekg

thank you im defenitly going for the test im just so nervous about all of this i think its more the whole no one has any answers thing then anything else even though they have pretty much ruled out alot of the major things my blood tests came back ruling out heart disease and damage to my heart muscle itself no infections my blood pressure is pretty much perfect my cholesteral is fine. the dr said my ekg actually got better and normalized during the stress test i did in the hospital which i guess is a good thing and the echocardiogram was normal its just confusing and the waiting for more tests sucks but thank you for your reply

Closed Thread