It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #1
(male)

BensonB HB User
Anything more than harmless PVCs?

So I've been getting on-and-off PVC spells for the last week or so, generally being most intense at night, or when my heart rate is otherwise quite low. Since this started I've been researching what I can, and trying to make note of how many PVCs I may get in an hour/day, when/where they occur, and if there's any sort of pattern.

At first, I figured it was due to fatigue, since I have a tendency to be quite a night owl, sometimes staying up till 3 AM, and have experienced noticeable amounts of PVCs and palpitations in the past when staying up that late. This is compounded by the fact that it's often very difficult to get to sleep when my heart is thumping me very hard in the chest sometimes as much as several times a minute.

However, I don't think it's the sleep issue, not entirely, because I used to sleep (overall) a whole lot less even a few months ago than I do now. Yet, I'm still getting some periods of high PVC activity during the day. Now, I should mention there's been no pain or other symptoms, so I'm not overly concerned about this at the moment, but it is rather irritating, and when I've had these spells in the past, they tended to be gone after a few days, whereas this has gone on for at least a week.

As for other possible causes, yes, I do drink coffee, but less than I used to, I've reduced my sugar intake, I get plenty of exercise, I don't smoke, I don't drink terribly often, I don't do drugs, and I'm only 24 years old. I also have no personal or family history with any sort of heart conditions. What I do have, though, is a stethoscope, which I've used to listen to my heart when it's acting up, and even made a few recordings. I've provided a link below to a 5 minute recording that captured only a handful of PVCs, but if any of you have a trained ear, or you're just curious, I'd like to hear feedback. I'm not really expecting it to reveal anything much, but I just thought it was interesting and might prove useful as an audio reference to what's going on with my heart.

Anyways, this isn't something I'm incredibly worried about, but I'd be curious to get any opinions or suggestions on it. I somehow doubt there's anything really wrong, but I suppose I'm just looking for some reassurance. I know there's the age-old argument that the doctor knows best, but in my experience, they really don't, not always. Just consider this a sort of preemptive 'second opinion'.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-11-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website, for any reason.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #2
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User
Re: Anything more than harmless PVCs?

you should go see a cardiologist for a cardiac workup to find out what's going on and what you have so you know how to deal with it

most of the time; arrhythmia's are benign and nothing more than a nuisance unless they become very frequent >15-20% of your total daily heartbeats which a holter monitor can determine...if they're bothersome at lower rates then meds such as beta blockers may help alleviate your symptoms

Closed Thread