It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
(female)

Optimystic HB User
Question Chronic sinus tachycardia?

I always had excercise intolerance and it never took much to get my heart working out..just by standing up I could be tachycardic...
(i am not overweight, 120lbs 5'8)
9 months ago my heart decided it was going to beat 140-160 resting. I havr been put on beta blockers, which get my resting to mid 70s-100 depending on the time of day and if med is wearingoff..
The cardiologist isnt concerned as long as my meds are working. I had normal echo. I now have pvcs. But they havent been able to tell me why this is happening... My thyroid is normal.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User
Re: Chronic sinus tachycardia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimystic View Post
I always had excercise intolerance and it never took much to get my heart working out..just by standing up I could be tachycardic...
(i am not overweight, 120lbs 5'8)
9 months ago my heart decided it was going to beat 140-160 resting. I havr been put on beta blockers, which get my resting to mid 70s-100 depending on the time of day and if med is wearingoff..
The cardiologist isnt concerned as long as my meds are working. I had normal echo. I now have pvcs. But they havent been able to tell me why this is happening... My thyroid is normal.
How is your blood pressure on and off bb's? has your doctor mentioned ANS issues (autonomic nervous system) which could be the problem...do you ever feel dizzy, lightheaded faint? it could be one of the many problems like POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) or orthostatic intolerance.

you could do some research on those and then talk to your doctor about them; but don't be surprised if they say no becase many dr's don't think of ANS or simply don't understand so some of us ANS patients go many many years being misdiagnosed and untreated

Last edited by sickandtired99; 10-14-2011 at 05:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
(female)

Optimystic HB User
Re: Chronic sinus tachycardia?

I have came across POTS online and it sounds a lot like me. I have seen 2 cardiologists and they dont care what is causing it, they are just so quick to medicate. My blood pressure is really effected by bb, thats why I take them @ bedtime bc I get really dizzy at first but as the time passes I am ok. On or off bb I have to be slow to rise or things will start getting "black" and I just lay down to correct. How would I go about getting them to consider POTS? At this point they wont even call it IST... Just sinus tach that shouldve gone away...

Closed Thread