It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
(male)

Fatheadhill HB User
Heart issues, or no?

Hopefully some of you will have some insight/advice...

Background: I'm a 29 year old male, 6ft 190lbs., have asthma, high blood pressure(120-130's/80-90), and have PAC's. I quit smoking about 1 1/2 years ago, but still use chewing tobacco. Also, I had a cardic cath about 3-4 years ago while the doc was trying to diagnose the PAC's, and it looked perfect.

Now the problems..., started about 2 months ago with chest pain between my left nipple and my sternum. I went to the ER, and they did an EKG and chest x-ray and said everything looked fine. Shortness of breath started next so I went to see my GP. He did blood work, which came back fine, and suggested it might be anxiety, but recommended I go see the pulmonologist. Pulmonoligst gives me a new asthma med, symbicort, and tells me it should help. Then the anxiety gets worse and I end up back in the ER two more times thinking I'm having heart attacks both times. Again they did ekg's which came back fine. On my own I went to see a cardiologist. He did an ekg, stress test, and a 2D echocardiogram.., all came back fine, and he said he thought my heart looked perfect. Well, two months has gone by, and I'm still having the chest pain, now in my right chest as well, and the shortness of breath, but now I'm also feeling dizzy sometimes and fatigued. Within the last couple days I've been back to my GP and cardiologist. GP seems like he's at a loss for what it could be, although he suggested maybe mold in my house so now I'm staying at my parents to rule that out. Cardiologist still doesn't think it's a heart issue but scheduled me a CT angiogram for my peace of mind(which probably won't help).

Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to see what y'all thought the chances were that this sounded like a cardiac issue.., even with all the tests I just can't seem to convince myself that I isn't heart related.

Any thoughts, advice? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2011, 02:53 AM   #2
(male)

MagicalNYDude HB User
Re: Heart issues, or no?

If a all those tests were done then your heart is in good condition. Did you get a holter done yet? I know how u feel, since December of 2010 I had this panic attack or whatever it was that occurred in that classroom. I felt like I was going to die, or pass out cause I kept feeling that my heart was going to stop. I could not even write and concentrate on what my prof. was saying. I left the class but my heart kept pounding. A week later, I am about to fall asleep where all of a sudden my heart starts beating fast, i wake up and feel like I am going to die or have a heart attack at an age of 21. Later went to the ER and all came back normal, doc said maybe my heart my be enlarged from what he saw on the x-rays. Since then 4 ekgs, 1 echocardiogram, 1 holter, all came back NORMAL, except for my holter which I did not get the results for. But till this day I still feel these light heart pounds, feeling my pulse in my lower throat, skipped heart beats. And feelings of my heart stopping but my pulse feels normal. I hope they can find the real problem that u are having, i know its really frustrating to feel this. Get more tests done is all I can say. Good luck.

Last edited by MagicalNYDude; 10-20-2011 at 02:55 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to MagicalNYDude For This Useful Post:
Fatheadhill (10-20-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatheadhill View Post
... I went to see my GP. He did blood work, which came back fine, and suggested it might be anxiety
Almost ALL doctors suggest anxiety. They want to give some kind of diagnoses and anxiety or stress is a hard one to disprove. It means little.

Quote:
On my own I went to see a cardiologist. He did an ekg, stress test, and a 2D echocardiogram..,
The Echo produces a summary, or M-MODE report, that shows the basic results of an Echo. Do you know what your's said?

As far as palpitations, dizziness, fatigue, chest pains when taking deep breaths, and breathing problems, these symptoms could all be related to allergies and asthma. Asthma meds help to keep an Asthmatic from having an Asthma attack, but will not prevent labored, uncomfortable breathing or the typical tight chest that is typical of Asthma. There are many, many things, allergens, irritants that cause uncomfortable, irritating Asthma symptoms.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 10-20-2011 at 08:08 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Machaon For This Useful Post:
Fatheadhill (10-20-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
(male)

Fatheadhill HB User

thanks for the replies, it really does help to hear other peoples opinions from people who've been there/felt that. Now if I could just convince myself to believe the doctors! Lol

Machaon, I don't know what the echo report said, but the cardiologist said everything looked perfect. Would the info it contains be useful for someone like me who's not knowledgeable about these things? I'm sure I could probably get a copy if I asked.

MagicalNYdude, I did wear a holter.., several times actaully but its been several years ago when they were trying to diagnose the PACs. They were so sporadic that we had a hard time getting one recorded despite wearing the holter on 3 separate occasions for a week or so at a time.

And I know we pay these doctors good money to fix us, but is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time believing them when they tell you you're fine in situations like this?

Last edited by Fatheadhill; 10-20-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Closed Thread