It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
(male)

yobyo1 HB User
Heart trouble or Panic attack?

I'm wondering if I'm having heart trouble or panic attacks. A few months ago, I woke up out of my sleep with some slight tightness in my chest, chills and shaking and just felt like I was gonna die. I ended up going to the hospital and they said that there was nothing wrong with me.

Fast forward to 3 months later and I've had these attacks on back to back days. The latest attacks have started out the same where I don't have any chest pain but I get cold, start shaking and just feel like if I don't do something soon, I'm gonna die. I have a really hard time believing it has anything to do with anxiety or panic attacks because both times I had them I was in a good mood and wasn't having any negative thoughts at all. I don't really have the money to be spending just going to the ER for them to tell me there is nothing wrong with me.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #2
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User
Re: Heart trouble or Panic attack?

Well a few things here; first off NO ONE here can tell you IF you have a problem, you NEED a cardiologists to do a stress test or angio to know FOR SURE.
Second: The hospital can NOT tell you nothing is wrong UNLESS they did one or both of the above tests, blood work, ekg etc is worthless, agai I passed all of that with flying colors and only after I INSISTED on seeing a cardio Dr did I find out my LAD was 98% blocked !!!!
Not knowing your age,history etc I wouldnt even venture a guess but I will say what you describe DOES sound like it COULD be cardio related. I DO know one thing for SURE>>>>IF you are smart, go to a cardio Dr ASAP....Dont screw around....My regular Dr told me I had a pulled muscle.

Last edited by mod85; 10-23-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 AM   #3
(male)

yobyo1 HB User

I'm only 26 with no past alcohol or tobacco abuse and I'm in decent shape.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #4
(female)

sickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB Usersickandtired99 HB User

For over 35 years I had everything under the sun blamed on what I was going through...wanting attention, stress, anxiety, not sleeping, not eating as well as a long list of other things.

From the age of 9 to 42 I fainted and had some type of arrhythmia and almost died because dr's dismissed my symptoms and told me not to worry.

What was happening was I was going into VTach episodes from pvc's and VT episodes causing my heart to briefly stop and really took a toll on it so by the time a dr found this, my heart was already starting to be damaged and all the valves are messed up to some degree and I have heart muscle damage thankfully no plaque, clots or kinks in the arteries.

I had over 50,000 pvc's and vt runs and some problems with exertion and exercise but then I would be fine so they told me not to worry. I had an abltion to figure out what was going on and my heart stopped 3 times, I flatlined and almost didn't make it. I had to have a pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, but I still have problems.

I would go and get another opinion or even 2 if you have to until they find out what's going on - if it's just anxiety great you get a clean bill of health, if not then you've maybe caught it early enough to ward off a larger problem later on =)

Closed Thread