It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
(female)

esalawag HB User
Is there a heart issue here?

Hello,
I have some questions regarding whether this could be heart related or not. To provide you with some background information, i do have asthma and allergies that i am treated for. Whenever i have been at the doctor the past couple of times i have been told that i my bp is high (my dad has high bp that he is on medications for). Whenever i go up a 2 flights of stairs my heart is pounding so fast that i can feel it beating really hard and really fast, and my chest will hurt really bad, i will start to get sweaty, i can't breath. The same thing happens when i am exercising making it difficult for me to work out. My chest will hurt really bad and i feel as though i am about to pass out ( i take my inhaler also before i work out). My mom has also had open heart surgery for an atrial septal defect. but i dont know if that would even be related to anything. I am away at school but i am thinking about going to see my family doctor over thanksgiving break. If you could provide me with any information on this i would really appreciate it.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Is there a heart issue here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by esalawag View Post
... i do have asthma and allergies ... Whenever i go up a 2 flights of stairs my heart is pounding so fast that i can feel it beating really hard and really fast, and my chest will hurt really bad, i will start to get sweaty, i can't breath. The same thing happens when i am exercising making it difficult for me to work out
During an attack or encounter with allergens or irritants, an allergic person's metabolism tries to come to the rescue by pumping out hormones. These hormones cause the heart to pump harder and for the blood vessels to tighten, which causes higher blood pressure, giving the body more energy and strength to fight against the perceived attack.

Normally, most people can tolerate these excess body hormones, but some people are more sensitive than others and their hearts over-react to the hormonal stimulus and literally go nuts, like your's does, and can cause weakness, breathing problems, feeling like one is going to faint, over-sweating, etc.

An approach would be to avoid any allergens or irritants or stimulants that excite the heart; and/or to take heart medications that attempt to block these excess hormones.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-25-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread