It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

Azenith HB User
Unhappy Heart flutter - panic disorder

Hi all,

I'm new here so any help with this problem I'm having at the moment would be greatly appreciated.

For the last 3 days or so I've noticed I have been having some sort of heart flutter where it feels almost like my heart skips a beat and it makes me involuntarily gasp for one hard breath (the feeling is like when you fall in your sleep is the best way I can describe it) now the first 2 times it happened it was quite severe, which triggered a panic attack.. and other times they come in small mini episodes of it, which leaves me sometimes a little breathless. My heart is normally at rest during this time and doesn't change in speed - unless it leads to a panic attack.

If it helps, I have been having panic attacks prior to this for the last 4 months. This is a new symptom however and I don't know if it is related. I have also seen a doctor and have had an ECG done. The ECG picked up on some arrhythmia present but doctors have not found anything since then. Examinations include heart scan, 24hr ECG, another normal ECG and blood tests. Still nothing. I was just wondering if anyone could shed any light with what I'm going through as it is a very scary feeling it doesn't always trigger a panic attack so I'm a little worried that there is actually a problem.. And the first ECG scan I did was actually something significant.

Last edited by Azenith; 10-26-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Old 10-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: Heart flutter - panic disorder

Have you gone to a doctor with the panic attacks? That is where you should start first. Then work on the heart. Just also find ways to relax and focus. You need help for the panic attacks, not good for mind and body. Please keep us informed on what you find out. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread