It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
(female)

kittyamazing HB User
Question Connection between PAD (blocked artery) and Heart Attack

I would like to know if any of you have had a blocked artery in one of your legs and either eventually had a heart attack, a stroke, or heart angina, and if so, how long was the interval in between? I was told in August (2011) that I had two blocked arteries in my left leg. Instead of having angioplasty surgery (balloon/stent), I began treating myself with Chelation compounded medicine, OTC cholesterol inhibiting medicine, and several other OTC medicines such as CoQ10, Ribose, Garlic, Red Yeast Rice, Fish Oil, etc. that I found on a medical site for heart related conditions. Also, one 81 mg aspirin daily. On the medical site, it stated some patients could do just as well to watch their diet, exercise more, etc, which is what they tell heart patients. The buildup of calcium, cholesterol, and other fatty blocking agents are what causes heart attacks and blocked arteries.

Having said that, I am not overweight, have never smoked or drank, am not a diabetic, excerise daily, do not take prescription cholesterol medicine, eat right type foods mostly. However, apparently, I didn't do something right to get two blocked arteries. I was surprised with the diagnosis, done by Cat Scan (with dye) as well as ABI test, and a Doppler test. When I woke up on June 11th with a very numb painful foot, I didn't know what was going on. My foot was very, very painful until about Setember when it began getting better. Whether this was from the OTC medicine, or on its own, I don't know. If any of you had a blocked artery, how long did it take you to get it well, if you did not have surgery? I just wonder if my foot will continue to feel numb for months yet, or should I get the surgery, which I don't want, as it is invasive (and expensive). I can feel the pulses in my foot again. But, I have read that a heart attack is very likely in patients with blocked arteries in legs. If I thought some of you got entirely well without the surgery, I would contine what I am doing and hope my arteries will get flushed out so that I have no problems with my foot any more. I have no problem with leg(s), just left foot, unless you count that I have had neuropathy in both legs for years. I don't think there is a connection.

I would like to get your response(s) if you have/had a blocked artery in legs, and how you dealt with it. Thank you for reading this post. ~kittyamazing~~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread