It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

iHEARTu HB User
Exclamation Needing an answer please

I get fluttering in my chest and i feel likes its my heart skipping a beat or beating faster for a second or something, i force myself to burp after to get my mind off of it for it to cause an anxiety attack, i wanted to know your side of this story could it be heart related problem or just gas?
the feel happens right in the middle of my chest where my heart is i dont get chest pains when it happens it just freaks me out a little.

Old 10-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
(female)

Passiongirl79 HB User
Re: Needing an answer please

When my heart feels like it is skipping beats or just feels like it is beating all over my chest erractically I also burp alot. I feel like if I burp I will feel better but it doesn't make me feel any better. I thought it might be stomach related but I feel the erractic beats in my wrist and neck when I check my pulse. So I am not sure what it is but I feel like it is my heart. I have had this off and on for 5yrs now. I am still alive so maybe it isn't harmful to have these beats but I sure do hate it and I let it control my life with being afraid of them all the time which has caused panic. I hate we have this problem but am glad I am not the only one which I always thought I was. And people who don't experience this doesn't understand. Hope one day we get some answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
(female)

sanandreas HB Usersanandreas HB User

I have always sworn there was a connection between my stomach and my skipped heartbeats. Unfortunately, I don't know which is the cause of the problem (chicken or the egg sort of thing) It makes sense to me though, that if my tummy is full, acidy or upset that it could affect my heart since it is right next door.

Your burping could also be do to you gulping air because you are anxious about the skipped beats.

Old 10-28-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Sometimes that "fluttery" feeling can be your esophagus having spasms.

Closed Thread