It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
(male)

Altalic77 HB User
Unhappy Heart Issues

I didn't quite know where to post this; but, never mind that for now.

About a month ago I was sitting in class listening to a teacher lecture the class. Paying attention intently, I started to relax. After a few moments, I experienced some weird feeling. It, honestly, felt like my heart stopped. A few seconds in which I just couldn't breathe. I can't necessarily explain it, but that's (what I believe) happened.

Ever since then, I've had shortness of breath. Every now and again, my chest will get tight, and my heart will start beating unusually quickly. When that would occur, my breathing would accelerate for a few moments as well. I used to have that mentality that it'll go away after a while, but it's beginning to worry me.

For some additional information about myself, I'm a teen in highschool. I've always been a "big" kid. I was Obese for a while, but I started working out around fourteen and getting plenty of exercise. I switched to water, and I lost about 20 pounds. I haven't been working out lately, and when the above incidents happened, I wasn't active for about two months. School got the best of me, and I've been swamped with an inordinate amount of work.

I'm 5' 11" and am 225 pounds.
I've been an insomniac since twelve.
History of High BP on mother's side of the family.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Hypertension played a role in this. My mother has to take medication for the rest of her life, and has lost more than 65 pounds. Perhaps High BP has begun groping my heart. I have this ominous sense of impending doom.

Every time I'd complain to my parents they'd just attempt to keep me out of the doctor's office. My grandmother laughed at me, and my father is in disbelief. He believes it could've just been a panic attack, but that doesn't make any sense. The class I was in when the incident occurred, was math. I actually kinda like doing math. So why would I have some sort of anxiety in a class I like participating in? Much like reading & writing. If I had a panic attack while doing those, I'd know I was in some kind of trouble.

Help Please? Anyone experiencing a similar problem? I know there must be, otherwise I wouldn't be posting here for advice.

Last edited by mod85; 10-28-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2011, 03:01 AM   #2
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: Heart Issues

Have you gone to the school nurse? You need to get someone to explain to your parents that is it better to have things checked, especially heart, to make sure everything is alright. You are never too young to have heart problems, there have been high school athletes falling dead because there was no evidant sign of heart problems and now the schools are passing rules to check every student athlete for heart problems for after school sports. Try to get someone, you need to be checked, feeling like passing out is not a good sign. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Heart Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altalic77 View Post
I didn't quite know where to post this; but, never mind that for now.

About a month ago I was sitting in class listening to a teacher lecture the class. Paying attention intently, I started to relax. After a few moments, I experienced some weird feeling. It, honestly, felt like my heart stopped. A few seconds in which I just couldn't breathe. I can't necessarily explain it, but that's (what I believe) happened.
It might have something to do with the season change down here in South Florida. The Melaleuca trees have been particularly offensive this year. Lots and lots of tree, grass and weed pollens floating around. Plus..... it's be a dry season.

Do you have any allergies?

During an allergic reaction, even if mild, the body pumps all kinds of defensive hormones in order to build your defenses against the perceived enemy or irritant. These hormones can cause all kinds of symptoms, such as an erratic heartbeat, labored or difficult breathing, feeling flushed, feeling tired, feeling nauseous, woozy headed, etc.

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Closed Thread