It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
(male)

sammy242 HB User
left side chest pain? anxiety or heart related?

hey, im 22 yrs old

1 month ago i went to the hospital for having shortness of breath, dizzyness, heart palpitations, they did ekg, and chest xray, and everything came out fine, and sent me home within a few hours, i still didnt feel 100% fine the shortness of breath, light headness did come back some days, someone told me it could be anxiety, i went back to my dr. and he did a blood test, which came out fine also.
but recently 2 days ago, ive been having this dull "burning" pain" around the heart area, and sometimes my upper stomach under the breast (im a male) and sometimes i have pain in my left arm, and ive been having "cold feet or cold flashes" not sure how to explain it but, my both feet gets suddenly cold, and it travels up to my body to my hands, really quick, and then everything gets back to normal temp after, and also get lightheadness at the same time, could this be anxiety related?

Old 10-30-2011, 05:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: left side chest pain? anxiety or heart related?

Because you've gotten a clean bill of health, thru your blood test and your doctor, and thru the hospital, I would suspect allergies, which could produce the kinds of symptoms that you are having. Plus.... at only a mere 22 years old, it would be very unusual for you to all-of-a-sudden develop heart disease that doesn't show up on the tests that they gave you.

Allergic reactions cause the adrenal complex to pour hormones into the blood stream which can cause someone to feel anxiety and hyper and feelings similar to a panic attack.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Last edited by Machaon; 10-30-2011 at 11:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi is the weight appropriate for the height?

Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #4
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

Ok here is the best advise you will get, go see a cardio Dr and get a stress test...The blood tests and ekg etc at the hospital are all but worthless at catching a heart problem.
Heres an example, I was having a slight chest discomfort, my reg Dr did ekg,echo, full blood work up, dianosis....pulled muscle. Me being anal I didnt buy it and 2 days later asked him to make me an apt with a noted cardio Dr,they got me in the next day, again echo,ekg, full blood work up, everything PERFECT hdl-93 ldl- 70 Try- 49
wanted me back the next day for a stress test ( echo ) 8 hrs later I was at the hospital getting a stent in an 98% blocked LAD !!!
So when it come to a heart ? problem...The gold std is the angio, second best is a stress test with the cardio Dr giving the test and right there with you...
If you dont feel right dont just go on your regular Drs words or the hospital you need and EXPERT....Now if you are still questioning it, which you should be you know what you SHOULD do..Getting internet advise can be risky thats why I will ALWAYS error on the correct side Good luck

Old 10-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
(male)

sammy242 HB User

im 5'8 weighing 205, a bit overweight, my doctor told me it most likely anxiety, because ive had anxiety related symptoms before (head pressure, shortness breath, dizziness, throat tightness) i started having this burning chest pain and left arm pain, and cold flushes 3 days ago.

Last edited by sammy242; 10-30-2011 at 06:40 PM.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

Humm..ok I am going to try and say this nice but honest at 5'8" tall and 205 you are about 60 pounds overweight, thats more than a "bit" but that being said I see what you say your Dr said ( go read again what MY Dr said ) I am 5'9" and 151.....
IF and again I say IF you REALLY want to know you NEED to see a cardio Dr for a full work up. You need to drop major pounds. IF the stress test is ok get on an exersise rountine and watch your diet...
If you do this you CAN live a long life..If not your life will be or can be full of problems and doctors apointments...The choice is your but no matter what SEE a cardio Dr...Maybe your Dr is right but mine was "dead" wrong...

Old 10-30-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Vyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB UserVyking HB User

I had burning in the throat, I would never have thought it was heart related.
I ended up having a triple bypass.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:43 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I suggest cvc man might be right. The cardio doctor maybe should be seen as soon as possible. Since the weight is too much the blood vessels in the heart sometimes fill with deposits which may be close off the bood supply eventually. An angiogram might detect this problem. At the very least I would avoid animal products, use more salads, fruits, grains, a few nuts at times sparingly and plenty of vegetables. I would get more sunlight as this helps use up cholesterol. I would avoid the vitamin D added products since this might prevent the sun from using up the cholesterol. If the body gets some vitamin in it that it needs from the food the body might not need to use up the cholesterol letting it build up as plaque inside arteries and other places. Some people say no but if I were in a position where the heart is giving compromising symptoms I would not be taking any chances. Oh yes and a good short brisk walk daily after meals to tolerance may help lose the extra weight and smaller portions 3 times a day with meals and no snacking may also help lose weight. Low calorie home made dressings may be more useful than the usual salad dressing. Peace

Last edited by sjb; 10-31-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: addition

Old 10-31-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

sammy,

Would it be possible that some of your problems might be caused by nutritional deficiencies and some of your problems might be caused by allergies?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Closed Thread