It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
(female)

Ashley990 HB User
Irregular heart beat, since the age of 8. Please help.

Hello, thank you for reading. So I have heart palpitations, everyday and have had them since I was about 8. I'm now 21 and I'm scared. They normally feel like a hard beat after a quick pause, but every now and then, like tonight, my heart will beat all sorts of crazy, for like 3 to 5 seconds. It scares me and I start to panic, because I'm scared I'll go into cardiac arrest and die. I've had an EKG 2 and a half years ago, which was normal. I had a chest X-ray of my lungs, normal. I have had blood work by my local hosptial and my primary care doctor, normal. I have had multiple doctors tell me I'm okay, from ER nurses/doctors, to hospital nurses/doctors, to 3 doctors in the doctors office I go to. The doctor I'm seeing now has told me my chances of cardiac arrest are pretty much slim to none. I've also had a 48 hour heart monitor, which showed I have PVCs and PACs. I had a total of 9 in the 48 hour period. And it showed that my heart rate average was around 74, but during some periods, it would shoot up to 160 bpm. My doctor said there was nothing behind the PVC and PACs, so I was aokay, and my heart and nice a strong to her. I also have shortness of breath sometimes and dizziness.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Irregular heart beat, since the age of 8. Please help.

Hi a gynecologist could be contacted to check for endometriosis. Candida Albicans may also be an issue for some people and may be the cause of the endometriosis in the first place. I know someone who had fast heartbeats in the teens and ended up with endometriosis. Diuretics if taken for period bloating might cause problems in the E.K.G.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread