It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
(male)

Matt8090 HB User
Should I be worried?

I have been having on-again, off-again chest pains. Nothing terribly severe. They are in different spots. I have one that comes and goes in the very center, (sternum area) and it feels like a pinching sensation. Also get muscle twitches in that same spot. I have been getting random, quick chest pains in my upper left chest and on the right center of my chest. They all come and go pretty quickly, but it has me concerned. I am 27 yrs old, 6'1, and 170 lbs. My cholesterol is really good and blood pressure is ok. Typically 130's/80's. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Is this anything I should be concerned with? I certainly appreciate and welcome any feedback. Thank you all in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User
Re: Should I be worried?

Anytime your having chest pain its worth getting checked out! Your only 27 tho, I doubt its anything to do with your heart..it could be many other things but like I said it's prolly nothing. Make an appt to be safe , if if its just for peace & mind..you will be glad you did! Hope you get to feeling better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi several things can go wrong in the chest, they include the heart, lungs, surrounding structures such as the pericardium, muscles, costochondritis, arthritis, tumors, infections and fibromyalgia electrolytes to name some of the things. That's why some tests ordered by a cardiopulmonologist might be useful to find out what is wrong and in some cases to fix it.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

Humm maybe not worried but you SHOULD go to a Dr and not look for a diagnosis here...It may or may not be heart realted but if YOU dont feel something is right go see a dr and get a stress test...Demand it if you have to..
Whats your height / weight ? Smoke ? Ever smoke ? Family cardiac history ??

See a Dr and ask for a stress test IF you have chest discomfort

Closed Thread