It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

Britt1234 HB User
Crazy heart palpitations

Hello, I have been getting heart palpitations for about 5 years but I am starting to feel some different sensations and I am getting scared. I get 2 different kinds. The first is almoat like a skipped beat. I have worn a heart monitor and was told they are PAC's and nothing to worry about. The second kind are more scary. They usually happen when I am at rest. It feels like my heart is fluttering or beating very quickly but it is not beating hard. I can feel the quick beats/flutters iny pulse. I do not feel lightheaded or shoet of breath but do get very worried. If I cough I can get it to atop. Sometime I burp right after it happens and that helps too. I do suffer from amxiety but they seem to happen when I am just watching tv or reading a book. I am going to go back to the cardiologist soon and hopefully they will catch it on the halter monitor. Any ideas what this could be?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
(female)

Passiongirl79 HB User
Re: Crazy heart palpitations

Britt.....I have no idea what causes this but I can tell you I have the same exact symptoms. I have the skipped beats and I too can feel my heart beating really fast but not hard beats feels kinda like my heart is shaking in my chest. I have worn a heart monitor and all they told me was they saw skipped beats they didn't tell me if it was pac or pvc or what it was just that I wouldn't die from them. I have anxiety also but seems like my heart acts up when I am at rest too...just watching t.v or on the computer. I have triggers though like bending over or twisting or laying on my left side trigger it to skip beats or start beating fast. It scares me to death, I am sorry you are going through this too. You will have to let me know what the cardiologist tells you. I would go back to mine but I have no insurance so I just try to accept that its something I have to live with and its not going to kill me. Hope you get some answers to what is going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread