It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
(female)

alex74alex HB User
need help

I知 new on this forum so please bear with my (too) long story. I知 just trying to figure out what is wrong with me and I知 definitely looking forward to hear what other people with (maybe) similar problems have to say.

Couple of months ago I started having some episodes of tachycardia out of the blue my heart would start racing so of course I went to the ER lots of times, have been diagnosed with sinus tachycardia and given bisoprolol 2.5 mg to take once a day. About a month after the onset of the tachycardia I started experiencing chest pain that radiated into my arms. (sometimes the tachy and chest pain would occur at the same times, sometimes separately, sometimes I壇 experience arm pain as well, but there was/is no pattern to that). During one of the ER visits the dr said I have costochondritis and prescribed celebrex and Percocet for the pain. About 2 weeks after starting on celebrex and Percocet (I took celebrex 200 mg once a day and Percocet only as needed) I have started developing new symptoms: a feeling of "buzzing" in my whole body that comes and goes, diziness, a sort of lightheadedness, headaches that come and go, a combination of itching/tingling/pain in my arms, legs, hands and feet (mostly on the left side of the body), as well as in my face and scalp. Plus at times I feel my pulse in my whole body - particularly in the head. The itching/tingling/pains come and go at different times during the day, and they vary in length and intensity. Pretty much all of my symptoms have the tendency to come and go and they have the tendency to go away whenever I am in the hospital or in a doctor痴 office go figure

As the headaches got worse and I spent several sleepless nights because of them, I went back to see a doctor and I was told I might have a vascular headache/migraine, so I was given toradol by IV in the hospital and pills to take at home the pills don稚 always help, so I have yet another doctor痴 appointment this week.

Yesterday as I experienced both a headache (which seems to affect not only my head but also some muscles in my neck and shoulders) and some chest pain I took 2 toradol pills 6 hours apart (as prescribed). The pains subsided and I was able to rest over the night, but this morning I woke up with a large painful bruise on my right thigh (and yes I am 100% sure I have not bumped into anything, the bruise appeared out of the blue).

Many of the doctors I have seen have told me that my symptoms don稚 add up, and they are most likely stress related, so they suggested I have anxiety attacks even prescribed ativan for me which sometimes seemed to help, still I am not convinced that all these problems are 妬n my head, so I am desperately looking for some answers.

Here is a list of all the tests I have had: blood work (at least 15 times) has always come back normal except for my blood iron which is low and a positive ANA titre 1:160 with a homogeneous pattern, chest X-rays (4-5 times) normal, 24 h Holter monitor no symptoms, echocardiogram normal, stress test normal, 2 weeks loop monitor awaiting the results, thyroid hormone (TSH) normal, CT scan of the head normal, MRI of the brain awaiting the results.

Needless to say that my stress levels are extremely elevated, not to mention that medical bills are piling up and all I have gotten from the doctors I have seen is that I have panic/anxiety attacks.
Is it possible that the increasing amount of stress in my life is responsible for this mess I'm in? Are there any tests that I may need in order to get a proper diagnostic? I have no idea where to turn or what to try... I used to be healthy and full of life, and now all I do is go to doctors looking for solutions to regain my... self.
Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: need help

Hi if steps can be taken to decrease the stress in a persons life then maybe that could be done as long as it is truly calculated to do that instead of going from bad to worse. Also did the doctors do a prothrombin time? The medicine called Torodol (it also has another name) can cause bruising and therefore perhaps bleeding in other places also such as the brain. Here is a list of the side effects:
headache

dizziness

drowsiness

diarrhea

constipation

gas

sores in the mouth

sweating

Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms, or those mentioned in the IMPORTANT WARNING section, call your doctor immediately. Do not take any more ketorolac until you speak to your doctor.

fever

blisters

yellowing of the skin or eyes

excessive tiredness

unusual bleeding or bruising

lack of energy

nausea

loss of appetite

pain in the upper right part of the stomach

flu-like symptoms

pale skin

fast heartbeat

cloudy, discolored, or bloody urine

back pain

difficult or painful urination

I would not bother with anxiety medicines some can cause permanent tic disorders for the rest of ones life, seizures or other very serious problems. If a person is anxious they can do other things such as visit with friends to get their minds off the anxiety.

Last edited by sjb; 11-07-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: addition

Old 11-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #3
(female)

Ccarrie76 HB User

Our minds are so POWERFUL! I def think stress/anxiety can cause a person to create symptoms like the ones you are having. It sounds like everytime you go to the doctor the test are pretty much normal but they put you on another medicaton to MASK symptoms you are having. Doctors are not always right but if all of your test are coming back normal its safe to assume everything is fine. I have been in your shoes! I dont think you need to be on heart medicine to slow your heart rate unless you have a heart problem.. it sounds like Anxiety is causing your heart to beat fast...I think a good anxiety pill and maybe reading up on diff technics to help you relax will work. When I was younger (im now 35) I ran to the hospital all the time..arm pain..skip beats..I even thought I had a brain tumor once..because of headaches and dizziness...and wasted alot of money. I still get the diff symptoms from time to time..& its been 15 years or so..but I have learned to relax and go about my business and forget about them. Sorry-I hope this helps and you get to feeling better soon!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
(female)

alex74alex HB User

Hi Ccarrie76,
thanks for your answer.
indeed it's "band aid" type of medicine - let's try to put aband aid here maybe you won't see the problem anymore ... at least for a while - i figure pharmaceutical companies have to make a living too, don't they? I don't want to sound sarcastic, but it's hard to find a GOOD doctor, one willing to take sometme, listen and address your concerns.
for now i'm just trying to stay away from pills as much as i can and ... will see what these last test results are going to show.
Also I have started reading on different strategies to help with strss/anxiety/panic disorders and i hope that soon i'll be able to put this behind me
thank you

Last edited by alex74alex; 11-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #5
(female)

alex74alex HB User

Hi Sjb
thanks for the message
yes the doctor have checked my prothrombin time and it's good, andi am aware of all the side effects of toradol/ketorolac, so obviously i will stay away from it. funny thing is that i have taken it before and had NO side effects whatsoever, but obviously our bodies change constantly so ...
in terms of the anti-anxiety pills i agree with you 100% they only mask the problem for a short while, not to mention they are addictive and have tons of side effects, so i am trying not to take them unless i really have to
thank you once again for your comment

Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi you are welcome! :smile:

Closed Thread