It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
(male)

theman800 HB User
Am I going to have heart problems or other problems from stress and anger??

I have a lot of stress the past years and I get mad a lot. I had surgery a 5 months ago and they checked my heart, I think they used a sphygmomanometer but I don't think it would work so she read my pulse my putting her finger on my arm or hand and I was fine. They also checked my heart beat.

I got mad a few times since then, I have tried to be more calm and not get as angry lately. I just got really angry and now I don't feel good. Did they even see if I had high blood pressure because the sphygmomanometer wouldn't work right?? They checked my pulse, they checked my heart beat and did lots of blood tests, can't remember which ones but did they see if I had high blood pressure before surgery?? Do they usually check that?? Aneurysms run in the family but I had an MRI 5 years ago and didn't have an aneurysm. They also used a stethoscope about 5 times because I stayed overnight in the hospital after surgery.

Can heart problems develop that fast?? Like heart disease??

Please respond, I am very worried because I don't want to have heart problems or a stroke.

Last edited by theman800; 11-08-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Am I going to have heart problems or other problems from stress and anger??

Hospitals keep detail records of the tests that they do. Did you get a copy of the hospital's blood test and heart test results?

There is also an evaluation by the doctor(s) in charge of your care at the hospital. Did you get the evaluation(s)?

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
(male)

Robbbb HB User

Machaon,
I was wondering if you have ever been asked to consider an ICD during the years that you have struggled with HF and what your thoughts are on ICD therapy ?

Last edited by Robbbb; 11-10-2011 at 10:43 AM.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
(male)

theman800 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
Hospitals keep detail records of the tests that they do. Did you get a copy of the hospital's blood test and heart test results?

There is also an evaluation by the doctor(s) in charge of your care at the hospital. Did you get the evaluation(s)?
No I didn't but wouldn't they have told me is something wrong?? I did go for surgery so I think if something was wrong they would have told me probably.

Hmmm I don't think I got that, I just got papers that said about the surgery.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman800 View Post
No I didn't but wouldn't they have told me is something wrong?? ...
You are probably right.

In my case, I've had more at stake. I've had serious heart and health problems, and I want to double check every test. I don't know how much time they spend evaluating my results. I don't know if they confused my charts with someone else. I don't know the qualifications of those handling my tests.

So..... over the years, I've asked for every single, last test result and I've used that information to insure that I get the whole story, and I have also been able to improve my health by taking the time to properly evaluate my own test results and make subsequent changes.

For instance, I had a cardiologist who always wanted to tell me that I was doing great, under his "magnificent" care, regardless of the test results. I was really surprised when I read the test results and found out that things were not as peachy as he said. Needless to say, I am with another doctor!

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Closed Thread