It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
(female)

sicksmoker HB User
Can Abnormal EKG be normal for an individual?

I've had 8 EKGs, that show I've had an Anteroseptal infarct. But, my cardiologist tells me that because my Heart Cath came back normal, I should worry. My really bad EKGs are normal for ME! Could there have been an error on my Heart Cath? So many bad EKGs worry me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Can Abnormal EKG be normal for an individual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksmoker View Post
I've had 8 EKGs, that show I've had an Anteroseptal infarct. But, my cardiologist tells me that because my Heart Cath came back normal, I should worry.
I presume that you meant "I should not worry.", right?

Did your EKGs say, "Possible Anteroseptal infarct"? The EKG can the measure electrical pulses through the heart, and the EKG can locate problems with the heart's electricity, but in many cases EKGs can only "suggest" possible problems.

Quote:
My really bad EKGs are normal for ME!
What did your EKGs actually say? What is so bad about them? Why did you have 8 EKGs? Did you have a bunch of palpitations? Did you suffer from a fast heartbeat? Slow heartbeat?

Quote:
Could there have been an error on my Heart Cath?
Heart Catheterization, under the supervision of a competent, qualified Cardiologist, is perhaps the most accurate procedure to check for heart disease.

What were the results of the Heart Catheterization evaluation?

Quote:
So many bad EKGs worry me.
I don't blame you for being worried. Why do many? Were they taken over a period of years?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Last edited by Machaon; 11-11-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread