It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
(male)

Adrian100 HB User
Chest Pains

About five weeks ago, I was in bed and I felt a sudden sharp pain on the left side of my chest. The best way I can describe the feeling is that it felt like a pop or explosion. I didn't think much about it until ever since then I haven't been feeling normal. One week later, I went to the hospital around 12am because I had enough and I knew something was wrong.

The hospital took me in immediately and checked my vitals first. I asked the young lady if everything looked okay. She told me she wasn't certified to answer that question, so I took a peak at the machine and noticed some high numbers. They took me in the pack 2 minutes later and they did some blood tests and took X-rays of my chest area (No clue why they needed to take an X-ray, maybe someone can clear that up for me?) After those tests, I waited in one of the rooms half naked in those gown things. The doctor came in and said there was no signs of blood clot and everything looked normal. He told me he didn't think it was anything life threatening and also told me they didn't know what was causing the pain. He said the only thing was that I had a fast heart beat and he said probably because of my nervousness. So he sent me home.

I really wasn't happy with the results they offered me, but he did say there wasn't anything life threatening. I assumed that maybe I pulled a muscle, I was doubtful of that because I know what a pulled muscle feels like, but it was the only thing I could think of.

Sorry for the long story.. I hope you are still reading.. So since I have been checked out, I decided to ignore the pain. It's never gone away, but it hasn't been nearly as bad the first time I felt the pain. Now just two nights ago, the pain got worse around the left side of my chest.. The best way I can describe this pain was like someone squeezing and then letting go for a minute or two. I didn't feel any discomfort in my arms or anything, just on the left side of my chest. Well, ever since that night, the pain has been coming back constantly and it's been lingering. I told my mom about it and we are going to set an appointment up come Monday for a clinic. I was told clinic's are closed on the weekends.. Otherwise I'd be going today or tomorrow.

My question is.. Has anyone experienced something like this or know someone who experienced something like this? It really has me worried about it being something serious. I mean, I know my body and something doesn't feel right at all. I know when I went to the hospital they said everything looked fine... But they also didn't know what was causing the pain.. Anyways.. Thanks for reading and hopefully someone can ease my mind a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User
Re: Chest Pains

Best advice, get to a cardio-vascular doctor for a full checkup. It may have been just a pulled muscle or more to it. Emergency room will not always diagnois and treat all heart episodes that they are not familiar with. Get this checked out with PC and then Cardio. Best be safe than sorry. Let us know what you find out, hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ysku99 HB User

beware it could be an early sign of a heart attack, you should visit your doctor soon be God with you.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
(male)

Adrian100 HB User

I will be making an appointment tomorrow morning. Hopefully I won't have to wait long in terms of them making a date. I guess I have a little update.. The pain has become more defined as in where it is.. I feel pain in my upper left stomach. So maybe it's not a heart problem? Maybe it's some kind of kidney problem.. At least that's where I think my kidney is. I'm no doctor so I can't say. I only thought about this maybe four hours ago when I used the restroom. I have been drinking lots of water and my urine normally is light yellow.. I used the rest room and it was rather dark.. I would say close to a brownish color. Anyway.. I'm not sure what the pain really is.. This is all just speculation on my part. Hopefully when I go to the clinic they will do some tests and figure out what is going on with my body.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
(male)

Adrian100 HB User

Just an update.

I'm still trying to make an appointment.. I call them asking to make one and I am told "Oh we only make appointments at 8am" so I call them at 8am the next day and no one answers the phone. I call them today and no one answers. So I call them maybe an hour or so later and they tell me "Oh our computer systems are down can you call back in an hour?" This is just getting stupid

Closed Thread