It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

yoursforever65 HB User
Has anyone been diagnosed with Lvh (Left Ventrical Hyprotrophy)

Hello,

Was anyone diagnosed with LVH, if so can you please explain this to me?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Has anyone been diagnosed with Lvh (Left Ventrical Hyprotrophy)

There are four chambers, or sections, to one's heart. The lower, left ventricle chamber pumps blood to the body and head. Left Ventricular Hypertrophy is where the left ventricle is enlarged, which can be caused by high blood pressure and/or constant rapid heartbeat.

This problem can be alleviated by taking effective heart medications combined with diet and appropriate exercise.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
(female)

yoursforever65 HB User

Hello ,

Thanks for responding. Mine was caused my Hypertenstion. I have been taking Hyzaar 50/12.5 my pressures varies between 112/77 but then on day it will be 133/80. I am just nervous about having this condition. I read several articles on this condition and some say that it is nothing to worry about, then some say it can cause cardia arrest, heart attack...etc.. I am very scared, The only othe health issue I have is anxiety and I take buspar and Ativan for that. My cholestrol levels are total: 170 ldl:105 hdl:50 my glucose is 90. My doctor tells me not to worry about it.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoursforever65 View Post
... I am just nervous about having this condition.
How did you find out that you had LVH? How much is your left ventricle enlarged?

I don't blame you for being nervous. Regardless of what you read, you know that your heart is not as healthy as it could be.

Do you get any shortness of breath? Erratic or fast or hard heartbeat? Ever get lightheaded?

Quote:
I am very scared
What you need is an insurance policy that protects your heart. The best insurance that you can get is a healthy diet and appropriate exercise. Have you asked your doctor about your diet, and about what kinds of exercise you should be doing?

The healthier your body, the healthier you will be as you age. Plus, exercise not only benefits your metabolism and overall health, it strengthens your muscles so that you can be more independent as you age.

Quote:
My doctor tells me not to worry about it.
Well..... it's obvious that you are not able to follow his advice about not worrying about it. I would be the same as you. I would worry too. In fact, I do worry. I've had a much more advanced Heart Failure along with three heart valve problems. My heart disease never lets me forget that it is there.

However, through exercise, diet and taking the most effective medications, my heart has been getting better and better as I age, and I am close to 70. That is why I push exercise and diet sooooo much. If it worked for me, and helped me to reverse my Heart Failure, then it could work for others.

⇒ Eliminate household items that are toxic!
⇒ Balanced, healthy, low glycemic diet
⇒ Lots of Exercise
⇒ Avoid night allergens, toxins
⇒ Coreg!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #5
(female)

yoursforever65 HB User

I did go see the cardiologist. He did another ekg and told me that he said that it's possible that I have Left atrial abnormality. It also showed sinus tachycardia.

I told him that my MD wanted me to get an echocardiogram and he said that he really doesn't think it is necessary from the readings of my ekg.

I lost my job a month ago, do now I can't get the echo done for peace of mind.

I don't have shortness of breath, I do walk, I just lost 44lbs. I do get lightheaded from time to time.

Closed Thread