It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
(female)

buggysmama108 HB User
Question Back pain and strong pulse in abdomen??

Hi there,

About two weeks ago, I started feeling a deep stabbing pain in my upper back underneath my left shoulder blade when I breathe in or sit in certain positions. I went to the doctor and she said it sounds like costochondritis. I don't think it is (now that I have learned about it), because it doesn't hurt to the touch, and I don't feel any swelling or chest pain.

Well for the past couple days I have been experiencing a strange new feeling. I thought it felt like a weird "popping" feeling, but not painful. It is directly below my sternum in my extreme upper abdomen, in between my ribs. I have just been dismissing it, thinking I was just being dramatic. Tonight I was just resting, watching TV, and I put my hand there to feel it, and I noticed that it is my heart beating. It is VERY noticeable, and strong. Noticeable enough to distract me from what I am doing (again, noticeable, not painful). I have never felt this before in my life. I googled the symptoms and kept coming up with aortic aneurysm. I know that googling symptoms is a BAD idea and usually is quite wrong.

Can anyone tell me what this may be? My doctor's office isn't open until Monday and I'm kind of freaking out. Thank you...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread