It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Question Increase in PVCs/PACs...Advice?

Been having PVCs/PACs for years. Also have IST. IST completely controlled with low dose of beta blocker. I still have the skipped beats here and there (maybe a few a week), but I have been able to accept them for the most part and live through them even tho they terrorized me for years.

I have had many tests through the years. And had an echo (my 3rd) and a Long EKG a couple months ago. All structurally great they say. Have slight leaky mitral valve, but they did not say MVP. Also said nothing is enlarged and working great. Basically told me AGAIN - not to worry, I am fine.

Started taking apple cider vinegar which also really helped the PVCs/PACs (to be honest, I have no idea which I am having when). But there is always one or a couple days a month prior to my period when I get them considerably more. Still, livable. But yesterday was way more than usual. I was having them like every other minute for a while...it would settle for a while...then start again. I went into panic mode as tho all progress was lost.

I took a little extra BB which Doc has suggested in the past. It helped a bit.

My period also seems to be a week early. I am not sure if this is a contribution.

I just can't figure out why last night was worse. There was nothing out of the ordinary (no alcohol or anything). And I am pretty upset that it feels like I am now going backwards. I was up until 3am, terrified to fall asleep. I have a 7 year old and am petrified of dying. PETRIFIED. I am in therapy, but my neurosis is stubborn.

Today I am afraid to exercise. I usually do about 45-55 mins on the treadmill everyday. And I am very depressed and worried this is a sign of things to come as I age. I am 37.

Any advice, words of wisdom, shared stories - PLEASE let me know.

God, I hate this.

Thank you for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 07:40 AM   #2
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User
Re: Increase in PVCs/PACs...Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy101 View Post
Been having PVCs/PACs for years. Also have IST. IST completely controlled with low dose of beta blocker. I still have the skipped beats here and there (maybe a few a week), but I have been able to accept them for the most part and live through them even tho they terrorized me for years.

I have had many tests through the years. And had an echo (my 3rd) and a Long EKG a couple months ago. All structurally great they say. Have slight leaky mitral valve, but they did not say MVP. Also said nothing is enlarged and working great. Basically told me AGAIN - not to worry, I am fine.

Started taking apple cider vinegar which also really helped the PVCs/PACs (to be honest, I have no idea which I am having when). But there is always one or a couple days a month prior to my period when I get them considerably more. Still, livable. But yesterday was way more than usual. I was having them like every other minute for a while...it would settle for a while...then start again. I went into panic mode as tho all progress was lost.

I took a little extra BB which Doc has suggested in the past. It helped a bit.

My period also seems to be a week early. I am not sure if this is a contribution.

I just can't figure out why last night was worse. There was nothing out of the ordinary (no alcohol or anything). And I am pretty upset that it feels like I am now going backwards. I was up until 3am, terrified to fall asleep. I have a 7 year old and am petrified of dying. PETRIFIED. I am in therapy, but my neurosis is stubborn.

Today I am afraid to exercise. I usually do about 45-55 mins on the treadmill everyday. And I am very depressed and worried this is a sign of things to come as I age. I am 37.

Any advice, words of wisdom, shared stories - PLEASE let me know.

God, I hate this.

Thank you for listening.
I had what your describing for years, and it did make me nervous. I finally had to go on medication for it. Your meds may need changed.

Then a few months ago, I was watching tv, my chest felt like I had a race car racing around inside my chest. I ignored it for a while, then finally I got up and checked my bp because it also checks my heart rate, it was 148 resting. I about had a cow. My husband took me to the ER, it was late at night or I would have just went to the doctor, the ER cost a lot. Well as it turned out, it was a good thing I went to the ER, they did a EKG, I wasn't having a heart attack, but I was having a problem. I have atrial fibrillation which in itself is not dangerous, but if not treated it can cause a stroke only if it causes a person to get blood clots in their chest. They put me on a IV drip of calcium channel blockers diltiazem (Cardizem), and it worked. So I am now taking a time released Cardizem capsule. It works great for me. It regulates my heat. I still get skipped beats every once in a while, but they don't last long, and I don't have a fast heart rate. I also take atenolol (bata blocker) this one slows the heart rate. I take clonidine .2 for my blood pressure. I feel fine now. I am going to be 65 in Jan. I added my age so you would know, you can have this and not die from it. Like I said, I have had it most of my adult life, even in my teen years. A lot of people have this and live full lives. Try to not worry, that will cause you anxiety, and anxiety will cause your heat to jump around.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy65 For This Useful Post:
missy101 (11-28-2011)
Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

I just made an appt. to get an event monitor. My last one was 5 years ago. Getting it on Thursday. (sigh)

Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 PM   #4
(female)

CindyB67 HB User

Quote:
I just made an appt. to get an event monitor. My last one was 5 years ago. Getting it on Thursday. (sigh)
Any change in your symptoms is cause for concern so it is a good idea to have an event monitor since it has been so long! Good luck and hope you receive good news.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User

Quote:
Good, this way you will find out for sure what it going on.

hugs to you, and I will keep you in my prayers.

Closed Thread