It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
(male)

acorbs HB User
Am I gonna have a heart attack?

To start off, I'm 16 and healthy. There's no genetic heart diseases that run in my family that I know of. I'm not obese. I went for a physical last month, and I had no problems at all. The last couple days have been stressful, however. Today I ate some pretzels, and sat down and took a nice, deep breath. I felt a really bad chest pain, almost like I was just stabbed with a knife. Immediately after, I started having this pain in my left arm, almost as if someone was sitting on it. I've had this pain for the past 2-3 hours now and I'm starting to get worried. Also, my chest pains have been on and off.

Will I be ok? Should I be worried?

Thanks, acorbs

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: Am I gonna have a heart attack?

I would go to the doctor, maybe even the ER. Chest pain is one thing, would could of been digestion of the pretzel. But the pain in the arm, especially describing a heavy pressure could be something, or could be nothing. But the combo of both warrants further checking.

If you go to the doctor's instead of the ER and still have it, say you have chest pains and pressure in the arm, they will see you much more quicker, if not instantly.

Quick tests done at the doctors would see if it was heart issues.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread