It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2011, 05:02 PM   #1
(male)

toonchie HB User
Angina? Pericardis?

Hello all and thanks for the read. Ok, I hope someone can help easy my mind. So, a few months ago I started having epidodes of lightheadeness that scared the crap out of me. I went to the ER when it didnt get better. I am 42 yrs old and had been on hbp meds and zocor 80 mg for a few years. I was very active...racquetball, softball etc until I broke my wrist in may. Anyway, ER kept me for testing overnight. I wore a monitor...next day they did a nuclear stress test which apparently came back fine since they released me. The doc told me there was no heart attack nor stroke.

The reduced my bp meds and took me off of the zocor. I am 5' 7" and weighed 172 at the time. Since then, I have visited my cardiologist who did bloodwork, echocardiogram, carotid doppler, several ekgs...and changed my bp meds from metroprolo to bystolic, 5mg. The lightheadedness has improved but since last week monday, I began having strange chest sensation/pain. My cardio looked at me took ekg and blood pressure....he says, it is not my heart....he seems confident even as of today when i called him to complain again. Says it may be inflammation of the chest wall. I am sooo hoping he is telling the truth.....the pain comes and goes and has not gotten more intense than a level 2 or 3 at most. I think I freak a little when I feel the pain and worry myself into more symptoms...increased heart rate etc. So far, no radiating pain in arms or anything. Cardio doc says that it is unlikely I would have angina while resting when I did not have it after climbing 5 flights of stairs..... I want to believe him but dont want to be misled and have a heart attack if he is wrong. Please help if you can. Thanks,.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread