It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
(male)

Roscoe36 HB User
Heart related?

I know, I know. I am one of 1,000s of people that are trying to figure out if their chest pain is heart-related....

I am in my early 30s and have had chest pains for 6ish or so years. Mine feels like a pressure / fullness on my left side underneath the ribs about where my stomach and heart meet; sometimes I feel the pain in my left upper back too. A BIG part of my pain feels like if I get a good burp out, I will feel better. I constantly burp, but never really feel any relief. I exercise 4-6 times per week and never feel any chest pains when I run or lift weights.

Does anyone with confirmed heart issues feel these symptoms? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Last edited by Roscoe36; 11-30-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
(male)

paulnyc HB User
Re: Heart related?

EXACTLY THE SAME THING. pain in the SAME area. where heart/stomach meet and the burping...same. feels like after i burp ill feel normal but then nada. pain in your left upper back? same thing. sometimes even goes into the neck. once in a while feels like left side of my body is getting numb and two times now my pulse blasted to 140-150 for about 10-20min

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
(male)

cvcman HB Usercvcman HB Usercvcman HB User

ANY unexplained chest discomfort/pain you should be seeing and asking a cardo DR and asking for a stress test, believe me I know !!! If I listened to my GP or all the others telling me it was reflux or a pluued muscle I probably would not be here

Old 12-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
(female)

ang76 HB User

Ross,
I have every symptom you have and then some. I found this post after researching low amylase and lipase levels and found (after reading all your other posts)that all our symptoms match. I am saddened that it seems like I will have to deal with this forever but, happy that you are still alive! As for the past 8 weeks I thought I was dying!

First some history, I am a 31yo female, smoke/drink occasionally, 20lbs overwieght, don't eat right, overall healthy though.

8 weeks ago after I ate dinner I got this pressure/gas build up in my upper abdomen/stomach area, terrible chest pain ansd felt like I was going to pass out. Went to ER bloodwork was normal except for GFR was a 73 with norm. being over 90. My amylase was 53 and lipase was 10, this didn't seem too important at the time. They said it was GERD and sent me home. From then on I couldn't sleep(2 hrs/nite), couldn't eat(4 bites of a sandwich 1x/day), lost 16 lbs, had to sleep sitting straight up from severe chest pain that radiates to back,pain under left rib cage, arm numbness mostly when sleeping, night sweats, dizzy/lightheaded, became sensitive to light and sound, derealization, ringing in ears, shortness of breath occasionaly, red rash on chest, neck and face on and off. 3 days after first ER visit I went back. EKG,chest x-ray, bloodwork all norm. except amylase was 43 and lipase was 5. Sent me home with Holter monitor that showed premature heart beats-also norm. for my age. After 2 more weeks and 2 more ER visits I finally started eating again. Slowly day by day the symptoms eased up, Now all that is left is this anoying chest pain, left under rib pain, and mid.,left, back pain.Like there is a knife in there and I can't get it out. It is not usualy this severe but it is always there.

I am willing to chalk off alot of my symptoms to anxiety, but not the ones that are constant. They r there when I am laughing while watching a movie and not thinking about it.

Since the beginning of all this I have seen a Cardiologist, Gastroentologist, ENT DR and pcp and everything seems fine to them.
The Cardio said my heart was fine.
The Gastro did an endoscopy which showed a 1cm Hiatal Hernia and some inflammation. Neither of which should cause my problems according to him.
ENT did Ultrasound of thyroid and found that it is slightly enlarged and I have a swolen lymph node under my jaw on right. He was not concerned and said it would not cause my problems.

I sometimes feel a throbbing in the center of my chest, but the weirdest part is sometimes when the chest pain is the worst it seems to almost completely go away when I lean forward and hug my knees. Not everytime but sometimes. If you try this a few times let me know if it helps.

I feel that it is very strange that amylase and lipase are produced by the pancreas and we both have pain that is spot on for a pancreatic disorder and our amy. and lip. are low. I have had a CT scan of my pancreas and it checked out, but truely believe this is where the problem lies.
Sorry to write a book, I am aware that you have had an MRI of your panc. so this is comforting to me as this is going to be my next step, but I am holding out for health insurance as I have been funding all my testing myself and still nobody can tell me what's wrong. I recently have been found to have slight hypothyroidism which I have been denied ins. 4 times due to this pre-existing cond. Thanx to Obama I have applied under the PA Fair Care Act. for ppl with pre-ex. cond. Just waiting on approval. The only med I take is Protonix for GERD.

Please keep me updated on any findings you have and you should get your amy./lip rechecked. Also did they ever check your GFR (this measures kidney function and can cause alchohol intollerance) and your thyroid??? Thank You for any help/advice!

Old 09-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
(male)

Conejito HB User

Ross,
Have you made any improvements or discoveries about your problem? I have similar symptoms and am going to a gastro doc next week (endo exam). Additionally, I had an abdominal ultrasound, and they found gallstones. My primary care doc suspects that this is the root cause of my pain/pressure on the left side, burping or feeling like I need to burp. Pain on the left side isn't typical for the gallbladder, but it's not unheard of.

I'm just curious, have you had your gallbladder checked at any point? From what I've read, if the gallbladder isn't working correctly (i.e. inflamed, stones), then it may affect the pancreas (perhaps pancreatitis).

Just a shot in the dark. I hope you are better!

Reply Reply