It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User
Angina Diagnosis with small clot in artery

Hi Everyone
Been a while since Iv'e been on this board and didn't expect this one although all my family have passed away with heart situations and my 2 sisters have heart problems but they all smoked and I do not!!! Over the last month or so had heavy chest situations along with sharp left chest pains (like almost electric shocks) to one day end up in the ER as I had dizziness, palpitations, heaviness so bad in the chest along with pain, nausea. All tests came back negative except one and they kept me in but the last test fine but the ER doctor said nah' you have such a strong family history of heart disease by this I mean my mum, my dad, my sisters, my aunties my uncles all have/had. I'm the only one thus far with nothing am now 53 yrs old. Parents died young. I am a little worried. I do not smoke but I do enjoy my wine. My only major downfall. I am 5ft 7inches and weigh 68.5 kgs, am a bit overweight I guess but try hard to live a healthier lifestyle. I have recently had a mycardiol profusion test??/stress test where they discovered I have angina along with a small clot in an artery. My doctor explained this in layman's terms to me and has put in a referral for an angiogram. She said if I have any further chest pains etc to let her know so she can put in an urgent request. Well with life you get busy and yes Iv'e had pains and just think go away. I am also wondering about my work situation and wondering if I should let them know what is going on with my health as I am a personal carer. Thank you for reading and any responses

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

mchavers1 HB Usermchavers1 HB User
Re: Angina Diagnosis with small clot in artery

I've read your concerns you and your family history. I'm not a doctor but every since I lost my mother to cancer I've had a new outlook on life. I've decided to live a more proactive life based on research and facts.

I truly believe this information will be educational & beneficial to you. My question has always been to research is what is the main reason why we a challenge more than ever today on our health. We are so bombarded with so much to our health, you must research this information.

GLUTATHIONE, HEART & ARTERIES: Glutathione protects the heart, and every cell in every organ in your body. Free radicals are molecules that have at least one unpaired electron and then go around just taking electrons from other healthy molecules causing damge ( oxidative stress ).

Free radicals are formed by stealing electrons from other compounds in our body to gain stability. When this happens it can damage the compound from which the electron was stolen and make it unstable. Antioxidants, and especially the most powerful antioxidant, glutathione, neutralize free radicals by donating electrons to the compounds that are lacking them. This action preserves the integrity of the compounds within our body. It means that the cells in your heart are protected, allowing it to pump hard when you need it. Whether you are watching a movie or running a marathon, you know that glutathione is helping to protect your heart and allowing you to perform at your best.

I hope some of this information will help educate you on this important antioxidant, because it is related to every disease & disorders known to man. It is the only one that addresses the underline cause which all starts within the cell itself.

Go to: www.pubmed.gov which is The National Library of Medicine & Health there you will find over 92,615 Pub Med Glutathione Entries.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
(female)

afriendindeed HB Userafriendindeed HB User
Re: Angina Diagnosis with small clot in artery

Thank you for your reply. I will definately investigate Glutathione and see what it has to offer.

As it turns out I ended up back in hospital and was kept over a 4 day period where an angiogram was performed. They found no blockages within my arterries and have "decided" that the stress test is now a "negative positive" result??? They are now suggesting I may have reflux of which I find this hard to believe but am pleased at the same time that my arteries are clear.

As you mentioned being proactive so being ahead of the game is a good enough reason for research in your situation from your family history and mine.

Good health for the future and thank you for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchavers1 View Post
I've read your concerns you and your family history. I'm not a doctor but every since I lost my mother to cancer I've had a new outlook on life. I've decided to live a more proactive life based on research and facts.

I truly believe this information will be educational & beneficial to you. My question has always been to research is what is the main reason why we a challenge more than ever today on our health. We are so bombarded with so much to our health, you must research this information.

GLUTATHIONE, HEART & ARTERIES: Glutathione protects the heart, and every cell in every organ in your body. Free radicals are molecules that have at least one unpaired electron and then go around just taking electrons from other healthy molecules causing damge ( oxidative stress ).

Free radicals are formed by stealing electrons from other compounds in our body to gain stability. When this happens it can damage the compound from which the electron was stolen and make it unstable. Antioxidants, and especially the most powerful antioxidant, glutathione, neutralize free radicals by donating electrons to the compounds that are lacking them. This action preserves the integrity of the compounds within our body. It means that the cells in your heart are protected, allowing it to pump hard when you need it. Whether you are watching a movie or running a marathon, you know that glutathione is helping to protect your heart and allowing you to perform at your best.

I hope some of this information will help educate you on this important antioxidant, because it is related to every disease & disorders known to man. It is the only one that addresses the underline cause which all starts within the cell itself.

Go to: www.pubmed.gov which is The National Library of Medicine & Health there you will find over 92,615 Pub Med Glutathione Entries.

Closed Thread