It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
(female)

Breadbird HB User
Question Symptoms of Mild mitral valve leak?

I went to my regular doctor 9 days ago because I've been dealing with some ongoing dizziness and fatigue over the years that has gotten worse recently. I thought/think I have some form of andmia. While doing the exam my doc discovered that my heart was making a "squeaking" sound. He had never heard anything like it but was unconcerned because my blood pressure was normal and I was getting enough oxygen. My pulse was a little high when he checked me (113) and had been lower when the nurse checked (72). He referred me to a cardiologist and set me up for blood work to check for anemia and other conditions that could cause my symptoms. I'm still waiting on the blood tests results but I saw the cardiologist today.
The cardiologist had a heart ultrasound done. This showed that I have a mild mitral valve leak. He said it was nothing to be concerned about and that "people can live forever with this." We had discussed my progressive fatique before the ultrasound but he said nothing about it afterward. I didn't think to ask him if the leak could be the cause of my dizziness and fatique. Researching the link on my on it looks like those symptoms can happen with a mitral valve leak but I can't tell if that only applies to more severe cases. My case is very mild. I'm curious to know if anyone here thinks my symptons could be related to the leak or knows of other symptoms that can be. Obviously, I don't have my bloodwork results yet do anemia could still be the cause. But in case the blood tests are normal, I'd like to know if I can attribut things to the leak. Specifically my symptoms are fatique and random dizziness that I've dealt with on and off for at least the past few years. I tire easily and occassionally feel too exhausted or fatiqued to get things done that need to be done. I've also had a history of getting dizzy and/or fatiqued if I stand up for extended periods of time or am in hit temperatures for extended periods. Lately all of these things have been worse and more frequent. Do you guys think this could be the mild mitral valve leak or something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread