It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
(male)

kurrgan HB User
My Ablation Journey

Early in the summer i was diagnosed with AFIB. First came some drugs. No good. Then came 2 cardioversions. Still no good. At that point ablation was suggested and i thought a long while before agreeing to have it done. I had the ablation in August and was sent home the next evening. I was weak for a few days but that wore away. I was put on cumadin and that's okay i guess. At about the 1 month mark i had the flutters and palpitations, my rhythm off kilter. These episodes were short and far between. The same recurred at about the 3 month mark. Now, in the fourth month i had a bad case the other day, in and out of rhythm for the better part of a whole day. This started while i was at work. I went home and they slowly faded and disappeared. They were gone for a full day and, now, they started again while i was at work, right after a particularly aggravating phone call. They came and went. Now, right around lunch they came back and have yet to go away. I fear this is the sign that a second ablation is in my near future.

Any thoughts or similar stories out there?

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
heart ablation lowan Heart Disorders 2 07-14-2011 01:43 PM
My Successful Ablation - Just Do It! lltomich Heart Disorders 47 02-16-2011 09:38 AM
Anyone here have cryoablation or RF ablation for PVC's, PAC's or other Arrhythmias? t_411 Heart Disorders 19 12-28-2010 12:20 AM
Ablation procedure for atrial Fibrillation BeHappy2 Heart Disorders 6 10-21-2009 04:31 PM
Problems After Ablation - Help RHYTHMR Heart Disorders 15 01-15-2007 01:38 PM