It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 AM   #1
(female)

hope4anxiety HB User
Exclamation Heart Palpitations PAC's PVC's

Does anyone have suggestions to help prevent PAC's & PVC's? I am 31 years old and cardiologist says "I'm fine" just have these annoying PAC's & PVC's but I hate every single one of them. Any suggestions on how to lessen them? I am on 50mg of Atenolol once a day, other than that I don't like taking medications. I haven't had caffeine in 2 years either.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #2
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: Heart Palpitations PAC's PVC's

Funny thing with mine, is that I had been getting them for a while and did not know. Random check of my pulse while exercising and Bingo. Now I notice and feel for them all the time. It's a nasty circle. Every little spasm I get in my body, especially in the neck, I think it's my heart beating off, I then feel the pulse. And heaven forbid if I feel it and I get one at the time, (which I seem to get everyday) I stress into overdrive and get them worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Been dealing with these MUCH too long. I hate them and likely will never get used to them.

I take a beta blocker (small dose 12.5mg twice a day) to control them and a fast rate. But I was still getting them enough to really bother me.

I started taking 2 Tbsp a day of unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar. I would mix it with about a 1/2 cup of water and ice and just slam it. It can help to hold your nose while drinking it. Now, I take the pills instead but still take the liquid on bad days or when I feel like I am getting sick (I swear it cured a flu I was getting from my daughter a few months ago...crazy...I know).

Since I started taking the ACV, the PVCS/PACS have significantly reduced. I get them the worst around the time of my period. But the ACV has honestly helped. I don't know how or why...but it did. I do wish it would just go away completely tho. I just HATE them!!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
(male)

Femorous HB User

I have to start off telling you that I'm not a medical anything. I'm a patient who has been dealing with these annoying PAC's. Until recently. I felt all the same things you feel about having them, including the frustration of not getting a solution. I woke up with afib two years ago. I had all the test an electro physiologist gives to be sure there wasn't a problem with my heart. He told me that I have the heart of a 25 year old, I was 47 at the time. I will add that I'm in better shape than most 30 year olds anyway.

He then said he had no idea why I got afib. He gave me a prescription for atenolol and Flecainide to carry and use only if I needed it and sent me packing. I had PAC's previous to the afib. I figured the two were related.

I don't want to drag this out too long so I will get to the point. I was having some nerve problems I put down to an old neck injury. My neurologist gave me gabapentin, also called nuerontin to deal with the pain. It worked for the pain and also got rid of the PAC's! The best part is that gabapentin is pretty benign. I only have to take 300 mg before bed and that seems to do the trick.

I have no idea if this will work for you, and I won't bother running it by my electro physiologist. But I will say that I asked my electro physiologist last fall if itís not my heart causing the PAC's and it's not my circulatory system or my respiratory system, could it be my nervous system? He smiled and said yes.

From what I gather, the gabapentin helps improve the nerve impulses in some way. The autonomic nervous system that allows the brain to talk to the heart is exactly that, nerves. So it made sense that gabapentin would work for me.

I know what you're going through and it's terrible. I empathize with you. God Bless!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #5
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User

I just saw this response in my email.

It been about 8 months since my stuff started so I will update on what is happening with me.

I have them much less, so what did I do and what did I notice with my changes in my lifestyle.

1. I so far have lost about 30kg in weight (I am still obese but getting there.)

2. I have reflux, I have sort of figured out I was having too little stomach acid that caused reflux. I have used apple cider vinegar and also some form of health food acid tablet to pump more acid into my stomach to help me digest food. The PPI medication solved nothing and made it worse because it took away too much acid and was stuffing my digestion up.

3. I think I might have a hernia which is causing me reflux, but with my lifestyle and diet changes those symptoms have gotten less. (I should get it checked out more, but my changes seem to be working and I have had it at the moment with doctor visits.

4. STRESS, once I got used to the idea after all my tests and was told not to worry, it took me about 5 months to get used to the PVC's, PAC's, ectopic beats. etc, before I started not to stress, I don't really get palpitations any more, and I don't really feel the irregular beats if there are any, because I don't go looking for them like I used too.

5. I do still get them, but not like I used too. Stress and reflux I believe made it 200% worse.

6. I used to notice when I had them bad it felt like I wanted to burp, thus I think there is some relationship between gastric issues and these irregular beats. But just try and get a doctor to listen...........

I now take long walks everyday, and that makes me feel much better.

I have come to the conclusion that as long as I can breath, not having chest pains I will just keep going about my daily life.

I was a mental wreck at the start and thought any moment I was going to die and it was just about when.

Now when I feel my heart go skip skip. I go "meh, whatever"

Reply Reply