It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
(male)

Rowanb1 HB User
How long after?

Hi,

I'll get right to the point!

About 2 months ago I had an "episode", for lack of a better word, but refused to go to the E.R or consult a doctor later.

My boyfriend had an absolute "freak-out" and has been insisting since that day that I had a heart attack. He had witnessed his father having a heart attack in Jan this year and according to him he saw the exact same thing happening with me as had happened to his father. Still, probably out of stubbornness, I refused to go to a doctor and the boyfriend has now presented me with a million-and-10 pages on the symptoms, sensations, effects etc etc of a heart attack and I must admit, he does make a very compelling argument!

So, question is ~ Am I not just wasting my time going for a check up now ? After the "incident", it took about a week and a half / two weeks for me to recover, but since then I've had no problems whatsoever! Even my arrhythmia seems to have vanished...

Would there still be obvious signs of a heart attack (or whatever it was) or have I waited too long and perhaps such evidence would no longer be as apparent as the day it happened?

Old 12-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: How long after?

OK, bottom line is that you should get it checked out. I mean it could of been something harmless, I have had a virus that knocked me out, made my heart go 100 miles an hour for days, but was not heart related.

The only reason your not is that I suspect you are scared of them finding something. But welcome to the world of all of us who go to the doctor and have tests run or get checked out.

People can have heart attacks and live through the heart attack and appear fine afterwards, they are usually called minor heart attacks, but that does not mean you heart has not been damaged and will lead you to having something worse happen.

It's hard to give you any further advice, because you did not mention any of the things that happen to you, and also your age. Which all can be a determining factor on what you should do.

Everyone should know heart attack and stroke symptoms, failure to seek medical help in the right about of time damages the heart and many times the damage cannot be undone.

For example, my mother ended up in hospital unable to breath with fluid on the lungs, her heart upon initial examination seemed OK. But she ended up having 4 clogged arteries and heart disease which cause her to get fluid on the lungs, and the doctor said she had a whole bunch on minor heart attacks days and possibly weeks beforehand but never sought help because she battled through it.

ECG and blood test can help determine whether you have had a heart attack or have heart related problems.

Better to be safe than sorry. You only have one life, don't waste it.

Prevention is the best cure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread