It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #1
(male)

swoosh HB User
Should I be concerned

I have had pvc's since I was 13, I am now 34. I have had at least 3-4 ekg's and the doctors tell me don't worry about it. What also accompanies this is about 3x a year I get the old heart racer. For example, your sitting down and your heart suddenly starts beating as fast as if your on the 25th mile of a marathon. That scares the crap out of me. It goes away in about 10 seconds. I also have had this since I was 13.

So I get to reading about ventricular fibrallation(sp). I wish I never did. I am so concerned about those 3x a year turning into that. Logic tells me 21 years and nothing has come of it makes it non threating. I was even dumb enough to run a mile during an episode. In the middle of the lap my heart rate was already up but this took it to another level. I stopped for 10 seconds it stopped and I continued to run. Playing football in a league, I was running and the field was slick and fell straight back on my back and that enduced a 10 second heartbeat of prolly 150-200 beats.

Now to last night. I have now developed panic disorder over this(only for 2 months now.) Boom it happens at 2am and on top of it I go straight to a hyperventlation panic attack. It stopped with all that going on within 10 sec. Not fun, I was shaking afterwards. What do you think. I would go to doctor but i'm out of work now. I tell myself if that ever gets to 20-30 secs and doesn't stop im either driving to the er or calling ambulance. opinions

thanks, joe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: Should I be concerned

You have had it so long, I would not be concerned. Indeed if it lasts for a long period of time, sure get it checked out. People can have Tachy for hours and even days. 10 seconds is quite short, and especially since you have had to for so long, and only for very short periods.

Stress, Panic, Anxiety all will drive you heart rate through the roof.

Sound like your heart gets an old shot of Adrenaline for some reason and send you heart rate up.

I would not worry, enjoy your Xmas and new years and even when it does happen, think of it as your old friend paying you a visit once again.

The more you stress, the more you start to feel things, and the more you make them happen.

So don't Stress

I think you may feel a sensation, you Panic big time, feel your heart, like you have been frightened. This shoots adrenaline into your heart, like what happens when someone scares the hell out of you, and then 10 or so seconds later once your fright is calmed your heart slows again.

This is how I make my PVC's worse, I stand up or lie down, and think, "oh no this is going to cause them to happen again" low and behold I get stressed feel the pulse and BAM I start to get them.

My stupid head does me in all the time. Vicious circle

The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmysyd For This Useful Post:
swoosh (12-25-2011)
Old 12-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #3
(male)

swoosh HB User
Re: Should I be concerned

Thanks for reply. Im just concerned that the tachy could turn into ventricular fibralliton(sp). I know if I had it all my life and it never did it I would assume that's not the possibilty that I have. But I guess you never know.

As for the tachy being started by aniexty I can say this, that's the one thing that anixeity has nothing to do with. It comes on its own and out of the blue. Your sitting down and all of a sudden your heart goes from 80 beats per minute to probably 200 beats per minute. That last's for about 10 seconds. I think your right on adrelian(sp). I know the things that help with this are mt dew and mellow yellow are the worst. For whatever reason I get automatic pvcs and the occansionly tachy with that. Chocolate to an extent too.

Closed Thread