It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #1
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Should I be really feeling my Pulse so much

I have a question. I have posted here before about getting skipped and double beats. Most of the time I do not feel them. (98% of the time I do not feel anything.) My brain however goes searching for them, and forces me mentally into feeling my pulse all the time. (vicious circle.)

In a few days I get a 24hr Holter monitor, and in a couple of weeks I am off to see the Cardiologist again to get an echo done and review the reading from the Holter, etc. (All which plays on my mind that they might find something, it's very hard not to think that.)

My family are starting to get very annoyed that I feel my pulse in the neck all the time. And yes when I stand or sit and feel my pulse I can 'sometimes' sense the off beats, but 98% of the time only when I am feeling for it.

I know I get off beats every hour of the day to varying degree's, maybe sometimes even hundreds. Like I said before, most of which I never feel without checking.

My GP tells me to stop feeling my Pulse, the Cardio (even though I have tests pending.) looked at my ECG and even heard a murmur and said he does not think it anything to worry about, just further investigation to check.

But that still does not stop me from feeling my pulse after doing something (cooking, cleaning, checking the mail.) Sometimes the beat is normal, sometimes it skips etc.

I don't get chest pains, tightness or anything (I came back from a 5km walk today, and felt positive, good and loose, ready to do more.)

But this damn wanting to check my pulse and go looking for the off beats, and then when feeling them when I do, stresses me out.

Every muscle spasm, every twitch in my head or neck I feel my pulse thinking the heart is beating strange again.

Should I just stop?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread