It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #1
(male)

kyomagi HB User
What do 2 pvcs in a row feel like to you?

Just curious. Last night i had what felt like pvc, beat, pvc, long pause, beat, pvc, then normal. I am on verpamil 240mg and it has done a great job of controlling my PVC's. this is the 2nd or 3rd time this has happened to me in the last 2 years. each time i have had no other symptoms, no urge to pass out, no lightheadedness, nothing. when i caught my pulse, it might have been at the very start of the first pvc and just felt longer.

I have had tests done when the first time something like this happened about two years ago, ekg, chest xray and blood work, all normal. My cardio also said that my pvc's are "normal"

Are 2-3 pvc's bad?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
(male)

BensonB HB User
Re: What do 2 pvcs in a row feel like to you?

If you're getting 2-3+ in a row consistently, it could be a problem. Once in a while, however, I don't think you need worry about. I get them from time to time as well, and they're certainly not pleasant. For me, it's a bit like being hit in the chest, like I've been winded quite suddenly and need a second to catch my breath. Luckily it almost always happens when I'm at rest, but I have had it happen once or twice while exercising, and it can be a bit scary, especially when it goes beyond 2-3 in a row. Haven't had anything like that in a couple years though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User

PVC's and PAC's are harmless in a structurally sound heart, no matter how many runs you get.

To answer your question, your's are as harmless as can be.

Some people get them every hour of the day, even every minute of the day, and they are harmless.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
(male)

kyomagi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysyd View Post
PVC's and PAC's are harmless in a structurally sound heart, no matter how many runs you get.

To answer your question, your's are as harmless as can be.

Some people get them every hour of the day, even every minute of the day, and they are harmless.
thanks

my only concern is what i think i felt as a 2-3 second pause. Honestly, had i just not reached for my pulse and felt it, i would have just brushed it off since i had no sensation of passing out, dizzyness or shortness of breath

Old 01-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

Without medication, 50% of my heartbeats are PVC's. What you are probably feeling when you have that 2-3 second break is a regular heartbeat.....but you don't feel it as the PVC's are so noticeable. My doc did an EKG and showed me where the "blank spaces" where I felt I had no heartbeat were in fact the normal beats in between the PVC's.

I, too, was on verapamil and have changed to diltiazem to control them and it works well....another calcium channel blocker.

Jenny

Old 01-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
(male)

kyomagi HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
Without medication, 50% of my heartbeats are PVC's. What you are probably feeling when you have that 2-3 second break is a regular heartbeat.....but you don't feel it as the PVC's are so noticeable. My doc did an EKG and showed me where the "blank spaces" where I felt I had no heartbeat were in fact the normal beats in between the PVC's.

I, too, was on verapamil and have changed to diltiazem to control them and it works well....another calcium channel blocker.

Jenny
Even if i am trying to feel for a pulse? It would explain why i dont feel like passing out, maybe i just did not feel the beat

Closed Thread