It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
question on ekg results

my mom had an ekg for a pre-surgery screening, she's getting eye surgery....
the results are:
normal sinus rhythm
left bundle branch block
abnormal ecg
when compared with ecg of 5/25/11
no significant change was found

the doctor said there is a slight abnormality, but nothing changed since the last one, and she could talk to a cardiologist, but it's not anything she has to do right this minute

can anyone advise what these results mean?

Old 01-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
(male)

Bob in Texas HB User
Re: question on ekg results

It means the activation of the left ventrical is delayed due to an anomoly in the the electrical pathway that makes your heart beat. There's no treatment needed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User

I quizzed my doctor about my ECG and asked about others. He said a lot of ECG are abnormal, but are well within safe limit results. And many times they say to patients with abnormal ECG's that it's fine, so you never hear you have a abnormal ECG, because many times it is fine and requires no further treatment, just monitoring like getting another one done in 6 months to a year, etc.

Doctors also do the same things with murmurs, unless they hear or see something that requires further investigation. Many people don't even get told they have a murmur, because it is so common.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Texas View Post
It means the activation of the left ventrical is delayed due to an anomoly in the the electrical pathway that makes your heart beat. There's no treatment needed.
I hope so!
i was searching a little and some things said possibly a pace maker would be helpful......
so no treatment needed? what are the consequenses of having this?

Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysyd View Post
I quizzed my doctor about my ECG and asked about others. He said a lot of ECG are abnormal, but are well within safe limit results. And many times they say to patients with abnormal ECG's that it's fine, so you never hear you have a abnormal ECG, because many times it is fine and requires no further treatment, just monitoring like getting another one done in 6 months to a year, etc.

Doctors also do the same things with murmurs, unless they hear or see something that requires further investigation. Many people don't even get told they have a murmur, because it is so common.
this is comforting! I hope that's the case with hers
thanks

Closed Thread