It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User
heart palpitations

I'm just wondering if any of you out there have experienced heart palpitations. I've been having them for about 2 weeks now. They are being caused by anxiety and a bit of worry which I am trying to get over. I'm hoping it passes soon. But I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten these and what did you get them from and what did you do for them?
I have heard that blackstrap molasses is really good to calm you down. So is honey and lemon.
I just wish this would pass!

For the record, I eat very healthy, exercise, drink mostly water, never sugar drinks, and barely any coffee.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: heart palpitations

Everyone gets them, and now because you are stressed and you have made yourself aware of them, your going to feel them more. The only way to actually get rid of them if you have no other health issues it to stop thinking about them so you don't bring them on worse. Cut the stress and relax.

I never used to get them, till about 2 months ago now when I felt some abnormal beats, got check out by the GP, and now I stress and think about my heart beating a lot of the time. Now I feel them a lot.

Vicious circle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

Thank you, Jimmy. I am trying to be calm and get myself to settle down. It wasn't as bad today. I'm really hoping this passes soon.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
(male)

BensonB HB User

Yes, they are very normal. And yes, they are very annoying, but there's no cause for worry. Just keep your caffeine consumption in mind, because though you don't drink coffee often, it exists elsewhere such as tea as well, and some people are just more sensitive to its effects. I know I got a really irritating bout of palpitations for a few days because I was taking caffeine based energy supplement pills beyond the duration I should have.

Closed Thread