It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

runnman HB User
Heart Problem or just anxiety?

First off Hi everyone first post here

For about 6 months, I have had chest pains. They are usually on the left side, but can come up in the center or on the right. These chest pains would worsen when running, and at times when my heart rate would simply rise when sitting down. Around May 2011, I went to the doctor and she told me it was just Intercostal muscle inflation and that I was fine. About 4 months later, while I was sitting down on my computer, my heart rate randomly went up like crazy and I started getting the chest pain again, on the left side. I felt dizzy and like I was going to faint. I called to ambulance fearing the worst and was taken into ER. I had two ECG's, a blood test and an x ray and they told me nothing was wrong with my heart. They didn't however tell me what this chest pain was. I have been suffering from this pain ever since, but I learned to live with it seeing how my heart is apparently fine and I am in no apparent danger. However, these past couple of week I experienced a new kind of pain. This would only occur when I was sitting down, usually at my computer listening to music. At times, I felt this horrible crushing sensation on my chest, and felt like I couldn't breathe. My heart rate was also very slow, slower than its ever been. I waited around 2 minuets and I was okay, but the milder chest pain would still be there.

I am seriously worried for my heath right now. I'm only 17, and as I said above with no obvious cardiac problems. I don't smoke at all or drink that much, and I am slightly overweight, but keen to get back exercising (but this pain keeps holding me back!). But this pain, coupled with these recent episodes, have got me worried. I am forever being told by people that I'm an extremely stressed and anxious person, and a Hypochondriac. I looked into panic attacks, and it fits the bill for the chest pain I experienced in May 2011 when I was taken to ER. But I have no idea what these recent fits were, where I genuinely felt like my heart was stopping. Could it just be a really severe panic attack? or do you think there is some underlying heart problem that the tests didn't pick up?.

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread