HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Heart Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/)
-   -   I have been having light left chest pain, should I see a doctor about this? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/885123-i-have-been-having-light-left-chest-pain-should-i-see-doctor-about.html)

0tradewind0 01-10-2012 09:28 PM

I have been having light left chest pain, should I see a doctor about this?

I have been having light left chest pain the last couple weeks. I am a smoker (1 pack a day) and drink about 1/4 liter of rum a night. I am 33 and just had a son, and the reason I posted was because of him. He is only 7 months, 8 on the 2nd of Feb. I do not want to kick the bucket, should I see a doctor about this? Could it just be indigestion? Sorry about jumping in on a thread, it just came up when I was looking for answers. I appreciate any advice. Thanks:)

0tradewind0 01-10-2012 09:31 PM

Re: Chest pain and high blood pressure

Pain is in between my lower shoulder and breast. Above my heart I think?

Potsy 01-11-2012 03:25 PM

Re: I have been having light left chest pain, should I see a doctor about this?

If you are concerned enough to post about it, I would suggest you see your doctor. My husband didn't listen to his body and had 2 heart attackes and brushed them off as "wasn't feeling so hot". He ended up having a double bypass, and carotid artery surgery at the same time. Very scary but he is doing much better and listening to and RESPECTING his body.

If I could offer any advice to you it would be to quit smoking and ease up on the alcohol. But I am sure you know this!

Hope all turns out great, that little guy needs someone to teach him how to play hockey! :-)

Jimmysyd 01-11-2012 04:40 PM

A packet of Cigarettes a day and 250ml of rum a night.

That is excessive, not good for you, yes you should see a doctor and get yourself checked out. You will need to kick two addictions, the Cigarette's and the booze.

Could it be your heart? Yes
Could it be also your lungs, Yes
Could it also be your liver? Yes
Could it be all the three working together to kill you? Yes

Lungs and heart like to work together.

Either way none of the above is good for your future or the future of your son unless you get yourself checked out now and do you best to seek help in kicking you current addictions to tobacco and Booze.

All the best, but seek some help soon

darkstorm928 01-17-2012 04:21 PM

I agree with the others as you know Rum and Smoking is not a good combination.

It could be something as simple as a bit of indigestion, or dehydration, or it could be your body giving you some warning as well.

Try a cup of tea one night instead of the rum.... and relax and call the doctor. You need to be there for that little one.