HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Heart Disorders (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/)
-   -   heart problems? please help (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/heart-disorders/885701-heart-problems-please-help.html)

jesseca96 01-15-2012 07:53 PM

heart problems? please help

Hope I am on the right board.

I am a 24 year old non smoker.

The worse kind of chest pain I get is a squeezing pain right side above breast. When it happens get scared ,sweaty. The first time this happened was about 6 years ago. First time got it got on ground and cried was scary and didnt know what was happening.

I Also, i randomly get short,sharp pains same location which happens frequently this past year.

Lastly I get palpitations at-least every week. It feels like my heart "JUMPS" /Flutters.

I got an EKG A couple moths ago and was fine yet doctor didnt want to do anything more.Said could be gas.
I would like to do other tests to be sure.
I was thinking maybe could be from acid reflux /heartburn?
I cant live with this pain anymore. Makes me worry too much.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or have had any similar experiences?

darkstorm928 01-15-2012 09:10 PM

Re: heart problems? please help

Well i'm new here but i'd like to try and help. Acid reflux can mess with you a lot but not usually causing heart flutters. It sounds a bit like what i have. I am a 29 year old non smoker and they say i have PVC's. Its basically an extra heart beast and they say its caused from stress and dehydration.

Are you under a lot of stress? They did a 24 hour holter monitor on me to diagnose it.

jesseca96 01-15-2012 09:30 PM

The flutters and squeezing pains are not at the same time. Do you think the flutters are causing the other pain?

Do you also get painful squeezing in your chest?

I do have "stress" from my social anxiety(which can get pretty bad sometimes and cause me to worry) but I am not sure thats what causing these problems because I get the squeezing chest pains when I am totally comfortable at home.

darkstorm928 01-16-2012 03:02 PM

The could be but i'm not sure.

I don't get squeezing exactly, more of a tightness across the upper left side of my chest. Mt doctors have told me that i'm frequently dehydrated (have a very physical job and i'm usually up and running around many hours of the day) and that better hydration will help with them.

jennski 01-27-2012 09:10 PM

I think it's time for you to go and have it checked out....clearly something is happening...and it may be something completely innocent although you mentioned about having a lot of pain....ask your doctor to send you for an echo...an ekg will only reflect what is happening with your heart at the time of the test...an echo is really what you need...trust me...I had to have open heart surgery last year...been there done that....good luck

Jimmysyd 01-31-2012 05:38 AM

I was in the same boat. PVC's and aches here and there. Freaked me out. I would start to sweat like a pig, get all stressed more, heart thumping.

Had all the tests, even trips to Emergency room checking for heart attacks. Echo showed good sound heart, flow and valves working fine. (and here I thought I was about to die with some heart that MUST be stuffed.) I thought the worst, every test thinking they gotta find something bad, they must with what I am currently experiencing. My constant thoughts were, OH NO open heart surgery for sure......

And for allot of people that is the key issue. What goes on in your head. I would stress so much about impending doom that it would cause my heart to beat like some heavy metal rock band doing guitar rips.

Best to see your GP, and get a referral to a Cardiologist. They really are the only ones who can check you out and give you some answers.

All my tests spanned a period of 2 months. And in the end I am still here and diagnosed with harmless Ectopic beats, PVC's etc.

Funny enough, since getting my stress under control and doing my best to stop worrying about my heart and health (which is hard) all my issues and symptoms have stopped by about 90%.

Ectopic beats, PVC's, PAC's etc. are made a million times worse when you stress and you start thinking about how your heart is beating inside. It actually can turn into hours, days, week, and even months or irregular beats, until you stop stressing about it.

Gas, reflux can also cause the symptoms you describe. And No, you don't have to have the classic reflux symptoms in order to have reflux. Gas can cause sharp pains in the chest, then because of the pressure, can give you a heavy pressure feeling on the chest.

Try some over the counter Zantac, maybe even try a tea spoon of apple cider vinegar in some water when you first feel this all coming on.