It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Unhappy Please help with monitor results... nervous

I wore a 30 day event monitor recently. I just got a call from the RN and it was not what I wanted to hear. I had been feeling more palps lately and I wanted the test so that I could be reassured that I am indeed ok.

I have been taking a beta blocker (25mg of metoprolol) for 8 years due to an tachycardia attack which sent me to the ER. As far as I knew, it has been doing great at keeping my heart in check. But around my period - I get more palps.

So this is what she said:

A few PACs
One PAC couplet
and (what really upsets me) a 7 beat SVT

I never knew I was having any couplets and I do worry about this. But what really makes me mad is the SVT. I had no idea this was happening. I was really hoping I would have more assurance that I was safe and ok. But this is the opposite (tho I do know it could be worse).

I have SO much anxiety about my heart. And now knowing that SVT is cropping up, it really worries me.

Since day one I have been petrified of having an EP study or ablation. Want to avoid it at all costs - except my safety of course. She said that the Dr said that was a possible option if this was causing a problem in my life. But honestly, the only problem it is causing is the intense fear and anxiety. If I can KNOW that it won't hurt or kill me...I would be ok.

What do you make of this? Any words of wisdom here??

I really appreciate you reading!!

Heather (38)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
(male)

Jimmysyd HB UserJimmysyd HB User
Re: Please help with monitor results...nervous

A few PACs
One PAC couplet
and (what really upsets me) a 7 beat SVT

If the above is the results, then you are really having very few episodes to warrant having anything done. A 7 beat SVT on its own in isolated episodes from what I have been told is not dangerous and warrants really no treatment.

If you ask the doctor or nurse a question about treatment, especially surgical, they will tell you flat out, "Yes, we can do this and that, if it is required." DOES NOT mean you actually require it, they are just answering a question you asked.

If it not life threatening, and from what you wrote it does not appear to be, and in no way affect the quality of your life. Then you don't need to do anything about it.

Closed Thread