It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
(female)

cj483 HB User
Constant Pounding Heartbeat

Last November, I stayed home from work for a day because my heart was pounding. I assumed it was stress related, since I used to have anxiety back in college. However, it continued for about 4 days. On the 4th day when I was at work, I experienced horrible tachycardia related to SVT (I've had this since I was about 10, but never was diagnosed). I rushed to the ER and they had to stop my heart twice to get it beating normally again (It had been up to 220). They finally were able to see the tachycardia on an EKG and officially diagnosed me with SVT. I had surgery the next week to ablate my heart.

It's been a year, and I haven't experienced tachycardia again (so the surgery was successful). However, the pounding heartbeat that began before the surgery is still there. Every day. Some days it's better than others, but some nights it keeps me from sleeping. I went back to see my surgeon who was convinced it was stress, but it doesn't make much sense to me since it has been happening 24/7 for the past year. Can anyone be THAT stressed?

I saw a new cardiologist who thinks it was a reaction from the surgery and I now have too much adrenaline. Which could make sense, but this symptom began before my surgery.

I'm going to see my 4th doctor next week, but am just at a loss. It impacts everyday life and is so frustrating. No symptoms other than a strong (not fast) heartbeat. Has anyone experienced anything like this, or have any idea what might be going on? I'm 28 years old, in very good health, and eat extremely healthy. The occasional glass of alcohol sets it pounding harder and a little fast, so I try to limit drinking and caffeine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread