It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

ohdisco HB User
CK-MB levels

On Thursday night I went to the ER with chest pressure, pain in my left arm, and severe jaw pain. I was given an ECG which was normal, and all my labs were normal (D-Dimer at <150 and Troponin-I at <0.03) except for my CK-MB. My CPK total was only 67, but my CK-MB total was 9.1. Where it says CK-MB/CK relative index it states that CKM-MB relative index is not valid when total ck is <100. The normal range (as said by the lab work-up) for CK-MB is 0.3 to 4.0 ng/mL. I was diagnosed with costochondritis (for the 6th time this year...) and sent home.

I didn't even really look at my labs until tonight, but I was taken aback when I saw my CK-MB level.

I still am having arm pain and the jaw pain comes and goes. I'm extremely fatigued (yesterday it was to the point that I couldn't even sit up, so I went and laid down on the couch to watch television. The fatigued lessened, but I was still extremely wobbly on my feet), and have been feeling nauseous for the last 4 days. I don't think I had a heart attack (I'm a 23 year old slender female with perfect blood pressure but high cholesterol with no family history of heart disease), but what else would make CK-MB levels elevate besides heart muscle damage? I have Spinal Muscular Atrophy, but I would think that would only affect CK-MM levels seeing as it's a neurogenic disorder rather than a destructive myopathy like Muscular Dystrophy.

I do have panic disorder, and I realize that this could all be in my head (seeing as I am a hypochondriac), but I don't want to overlook something just because I don't want to seem crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread