It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
(female)

ladyredd515 HB User
Should I worry about the pain...

Hello. I am 42 years old, in relatively good health and have had two electro studies done in the past two years, one involving an ablation to help correct an irregular heartbeat. I'm currently on a low dose of a beta blocker and haven't had any symptoms until recently. Within the last month the jumpy/skippy feeling has come back sporadically as well as elevated heart rate at rest, but I now get dizzy easily and feel fatigued, and the most disturbing thing is a sharp pain in the middle of my chest, sort of on the left center. This pain will come and go during periods of rest, and will last a few seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes it's sharp and sometimes it's just "there", kind of dull but still making itself known. I do know that I have mitral valve prolapse. Could this pain be related to the valve and is it anything to worry about? I have a 6 month follow up appt with my cardiologist in 2 weeks, so I'm trying to hold out until then, but I don't know if maybe this is something I should be concerned about or if it's just one of those trivial things. Thanks for any advice.

Closed Thread