It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
(male)

earthXX HB User
Red face pain after angioplasty

Hello every one,

I am 38 years old. I had an minor heart attacts on 26th of june 2011. I was admited to the hospital and after an agiogram they found seven vessel blockage which include major artiliries. Most of them were 99,90 and 80% blocked. Doctor had singnifcant delibration how to proceed. They wanted to do Bypass surgery but due to age factor they decided to put stents but during the proceedure one of the stent got stuck in the vessel and i had another heart attact. After angio plasty i started feeling better but in few days i started having pains and due to high level of pain i ran to the hospital and my cardio logist redo an agiogram and he found every normal. Since than every single day i have pain in my chest, arm, shoulder and armpit and i went to hospital many times in emergency but they found no heart attact symptoms and relsea me after 12 hours. I went to my physcian and met my cardio logist many times but they are not able to digonse it. I have pain all the time from 1 to 8 level.Pain goes down if i take rest and sleep. I am not able to to do long walk , lift and pull 5 to 10 pound weight. Even 5 to 10 pounds weight increase pain. Now i live with this pain. I believe that those stents hurts me when even i am on rest. I dont work and i am a full time student. My doctor says stents dont hurt..please help me out..

Meds are plavix, aspirin 81 mg, lapotor, bisoporo, ramaprill..

Last edited by earthXX; 01-26-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
(male)

skier1 HB User
Re: pain after angioplasty

I understand. I had no heart attack but did have an angioplasty with 2 drug eluting stents put in in November 2011. Immediately had pain and went to emergency room twice, doctors office once, had EKG's, blood enzymes checked and even another treadmill test. No problems found. My doc said he has never heard of post stent pain. HOWEVER, the emergency room doc said he sees it ALL the time.

Had pain for about 3 weeks then felt better for a while. Pains returned last week and have not gone away. I am going back to doc for another EKG tomorrow and my then go for a nuclear stress test if not better soon.

Sorry you are in the same situation. I feel a lot worse post stent than I did pre stent.

Closed Thread