It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Heart Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
(male)

Curious591 HB User
Supraventricular Ectopy

Hello I am a 60 year old Grandpa. I have recently been diagnosed with Supraventricular Ectopy heart beats. This problem started 3 weeks ago. I feel normal most of the time, but recently I have had some light headness which comes about mid morning. Most of the time the SVE beats come every 4th H/B. When I am up moving around they spread out with is a good thing I think. My diagnosis was made after a ecc and Holter monitor test were completed. I take daily brisk walks for 2 miles and consume a diet where 90% of my food comes from plant foods. I used to be on B/P med.'s but that is no longer needed, because of the plant food diet. My Doctor wants me to try 25 mg of Atenolol once daily, but I can not start until I finish the stress test. I have found little info on SVE so I am in the dark on this one.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #2
(male)

sgninja HB User
Re: Supraventricular Ectopy

You have common condition which for most times are benign and really dont need any treatment. But your Dr will want to exclude Ischemic Heart disease and any other organic heart conditions before reassuring you. Atenolol is a beta blocker that slows down heart and theoretically may reduce the ectopics. What good that does beyond reducing ectopics is not clear and you then bear side effects, if any of beta blockers as trade off. The term ectopic is synopnymous with SVT or Surpra Ventricular Ectopics - search that and you will see more stuff on this. Be reassured. You are alright. Just exclude any form of Ischaemic Heart Disease which may cause ectopics.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread